Hi from a Blue Oval Kiwi.

Hi Folks, About time I did this.Im an auto engineer with a strong bias toward Ford stuff.Started saloon racing at club level when 18 and built all my own cars [Imps,Anglias,Cortinas,Capris]with motors varying from 1500cc 4cyl to Boss 302. Worked at shop that imported V8 stuff from the US during the 70,s and as a result got lots of experience with HP289,302Boss,FE 390-427-428,etc. Only wish I could buy them now at those prices! All of this only fueled the fire for more and over the last 20 years I have gathered[Read Scrounged]up a number of the pieces required to turn these ideas into reality. Not happy with one toy,I have constructed bucks for both a --bra and a ---tona coupe.Was looking at doing the same for a GT40 when fate stepped in and I was able to purchase a set of Mk 1 Wide molds.As I wont see 50 again this has been a big help. Now all I need now is some free time to start making up that replica T44 for the 427.Gotta Go!! Regards Jack.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Good on yer mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Great to see another guy doing it the kiwi way. Mainlander too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif

Regards

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi John I was born and bred in Invercargill and I won't see 50 again either.I used to play in bands.Had a 1340cc anglia that went quite well and raced it at a Teretonga club meeting only once.I agree with Russ about the Mainlanders.Welcome aboard.

Ross

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome aboard Jack. Mike Teske is making replica T44's if you have the money and don't want to invest the time in developing your own.

Thanks for the welcome guys,wonder if our northern hemisphere friends understand the Mainland stuff. Thanks Gregg,but I will persevere, it will complement the alloy 9" IRS housings etc that I make as reqd. Ross ,the running gear from an XR8 fitted to the locost would finish that list off nicely. Regards Jack

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
I will persevere, it will complement the alloy 9" IRS housings etc that I make as reqd.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is "the kiwi way" I don't know that our Northern Hemisphere friends will understand that either!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Regards

Back