Hello from new CAV owner in New York

Hi all, I'm happy to stumble onto this forum. Just got a CAV GT and hope to learn from the experts here as I make this ride "my ride". First on my list are sill stripes. where do I go to get them?

Thanks!
Ray /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ray

Welcome to the forum
One of our club members, Brian Magee, does all kinds of stickers, etc. E mail him on [email protected]

He will asvise what colours etc. are available and also how to apply them

Cheers
Ian

My new toy is on the enclosed trailer and will be in my garage, hopefully, by the 31st. I think it's #29, gotta confirm that. It's still being broken in at 800+ miles so a few things still need sorting out. A few electrical bugs which aren't too complicated, and I want to do the lower arms suspension upgrade from Ian of CAV Motorsports in Toronto. He also suggested locking and vented gas cap inserts but I don't know about the neccessity of that. I have a set of big letter Goodyears handcut by Roger Kraus racing waiting for it
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ray welcome...good luck with your new toy. I own CAV # 017 . get us some pictures to look at. I'm going to VIR in july "saac 31" . Love to get a bunch of gt40's to show up.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'll be there at the SAAC at VIR, and I better be driving a GT40 instead of one of the race cars.........

I had committed to bring my SPF517 Cobra to SAAC VIR, then found out that our bi-annual sojourn to Smuggler's Notch, VT falls on that week, according to my lovely bride. I had been working on the suspension and just got a set of hand cut slicks from Roger Kraus and a set of BRM wheels from Bob Lacey for the event, which it turns out, I can use as a direct bolt on for the CAV as well. Ha! I just saved money! How do you like that!. I think I'd much rather bring the CAV, but right now, I'm outvoted 3 to 1. I'm still working on it, but it looks dim.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Ray,

Give Mitch Hughes a call, no relation. He has the spec's for the correct 'FORD GT' stripes. Any color you want in the 3M adhesive material. He's first class. http://www.shelbycobra.net/

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any pics of his stripes? And a price?

THanks

[ QUOTE ]
Ray,

Give Mitch Hughes a call, no relation. He has the spec's for the correct 'FORD GT' stripes. Any color you want in the 3M adhesive material. He's first class. http://www.shelbycobra.net/

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there really any such thing as the "correct" Ford GT stripes? If you look through pictures of the original cars they were all over the map. The only thing that I would consider "correct" would be the use of the microgramma medium extended font for either Ford, Ford GT, Ford GT40, or GT40.

Mark is right, the sill stripes were all over the map. I put together my stripes with some info I believe was found on this site (might want to try a search) and by using this early pic as reference for the Ford font used.

Like this?

0.5 inch space form the top of the sill
0.5 inch stripe
0.5 inch space
2.0 inch stripe
0.5 inch space
0.5 inch stripe

If you're going to use a meatball, measure back from the front sill 4.5 inches. Use 1.0 inch space to start the FORD lettering, total length is 14.0 inches. The font I used had to be altered to get the correct look based on the photo.

Again, this is just a guide, not sure what is officially correct but this looks damm close!

www.racelinedigital.com is what I do best - anyone interested in this kind of thing is free to contact me.

Just a heads-up.

Chris

Attachments

• 73051-GT40DECALS.jpg
    73051-GT40DECALS.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 317
Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Now if you can just give me the name of the font....looks like helvetica extended. or Futura?

Thanks all.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Ray,

Welcome aboard! Wow look at all the info already... I take it the car is still in transit, when will your baby arrive?

Cheers

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Mark is right, the sill stripes were all over the map. I put together my stripes with some info I believe was found on this site (might want to try a search) and by using this early pic as reference for the Ford font used.

Like this?

0.5 inch space form the top of the sill
0.5 inch stripe
0.5 inch space
2.0 inch stripe
0.5 inch space
0.5 inch stripe

If you're going to use a meatball, measure back from the front sill 4.5 inches. Use 1.0 inch space to start the FORD lettering, total length is 14.0 inches. The font I used had to be altered to get the correct look based on the photo.

Again, this is just a guide, not sure what is officially correct but this looks damm close!

www.racelinedigital.com is what I do best - anyone interested in this kind of thing is free to contact me.

Just a heads-up.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris,
I am interested in a set of stripes.(the second example) in white.
How much are they?
Thanks,

Thanks Ian,

I know. the list is getting long. sill stripes, suspension mod from you, oil cooler and accusump, and maybe the weber stacks on sale for 2795! and the toy's not even here yet!

It's getting on the trauck today and after I made a lot of noise, they said the trucks going straight crosscountry to Long Island. Ya right. They said the trucks got 2 guys, a loader and a driver but the loader happens to be a driver too so they can switch to get around the max driving hours rule...

I hate waiting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif

Hey Ron,

$30.00US for a pair + shipping.

FYI these will be manufactured using CAD software/digital cutting plotter. Material used is high gloss, 2.1 mil film and long life durability rating. It's also fuel and solvent proof.

It's not rocket science to apply but will come with what you need for the install, including an application guide.

I can also produce these in a digital paint mask, same principal for application. Just squeegee on, spray your paint, peel it off. Cuts masking time to nil and produces sharp, clean results.

Would this thread be worthy of others attention? Maybe under the Tech - Exterior forum?

Let me know.

Chris

Attachments

• 73139-GT40SillGraphics.jpg
    73139-GT40SillGraphics.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 330
Chris, send me a pair quick. I'll eventually paint but these will be a good mock up test
PM sent. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh BTW, just registered the GT40 and got approval for my V-plate:

FRD GT40

I guess there's no question now what the car's trying to be... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back