Just wanted to say Hi

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and tell you I've enjoyed reading some of your postings.
I've been a die hard Ford guy since I was about 12 and in love with the GT40's since about 16.
I'm now going on 36 and about 2 years away from ordering a kit. I'm happy to be part of this large community of GT lovers and hope that I won't angry anyone too much with questions that I haven't found answers to using the search engine.

Thanks

Attachments

• 75242-jim12[1].jpg
    75242-jim12[1].jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 300
Welcome aboard Jim - - -

If that is an example of your work - - you're going to have one kick A$$ GT40 when you're done!!!!

Is that for an ILM car??

Dave,

Thanks for the praises. The intake that you see in the picture I built for my Pro-Street 78 Ford Fairmont. I built the whole rear sub frame and suspension parts for this car along with alot of other things, roll cage, motor plates, boost plumbing, valve covers, etc.. When I decided to supercharge it, I was tring to use a blow thru carb setup, which worked horrible. So I ditched that and built my own aluminum tube intake. This intake sets on top a Ford 460. The car weighs 3600 LBS with me in it and runs 9.80's.
A fun street/strip car. I am a 5-axis CNC programer/machinist by day and have a side business (nights and weekends) building air to air and air to water intercoolers.

But my all time cloud 9 dream is to build a GT40. Hopefully I will start the ball rolling on a kit in 2 years. Right now just trying to gather knowledge.

For more pics go to http://www.toohighpsi.com/coolers/jimproject.htm

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Back