Hi to all form John S

Only just found this forum through the MDA forum and website of Craig Boon who's building his MkII.
After having driven both the Superformance MkI and MkII with 550 hp in the back I nearly lost interest in my BMW M3's. I just want a GT40 now.

There really is a lot to learn from this forum and so far some of you have been very helpful already. Nevertheless, I have a feeling this will not be an easy choice as different people have different opinions. So it will take some time to verify what one says about one make while building the other make and vice versa.
So far I have narrowed it down to MDA, RCR and 2nd hand GTD, all with trackdays in mind (of course).

Regards,

John

PS. I noticed on the Superformance MkII's I have seen so far if you look over the rear wheel you see the gap in the rear panel. Shouldn't this be covered in a way. It looks a bit odd.

Attachments

• DSC_6340a.jpg
    DSC_6340a.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 386
  • Img_1982a.jpg
    Img_1982a.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 398
  • Img_1983a.jpg
    Img_1983a.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Img_1992a.jpg
    Img_1992a.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 379
Hi John,
welcome to GT40s.com :) Yep that gap on the Mk.IIs should be there, it can look a little strange after looking at Mk.Is.

If you need any more info please feel free to drop me another email,

As far as spaceframe Mk II's go, Craig's new 2007 MDA MK II emulates closely. Definitely check out Craig's build, it's going to be one of the nicest 1046 replica's out there.

FYI I'm a happy Mk I owner.

Chris

Last edited:
Hello Chris,

Do you have the white number 47 car with the red (and black?) on it? Pity you're not in Europe so I could check out both the MkI and MkII from MDA. So far Mark has sent very detailed replies to the questions I fired at him. But of course I will continue my research which GT40 will best suit my demands (aargh, how I would just go out there and buy one, but I know it's better to invest some time now instead of being disappointed later).

I don't know if I will open a can of worms, but maybe I should open a topic later to ask people their opinion on the few I have in mind, without wanting to talk any make down of course.

John

PS. Thanks to Craig I ended up here (although I haven't seen his car yet).

Back