GT40 Plans-Blueprints-Drawings

Hello,
I am a GT40 enthusiast but could never afford one.

I design and manufacture laboratory robotic instruments for a living and have always played/designed various RC Model cars and helicopters. I now want to build a 1/5th scale GT40 with a working 427 and most likely a two speed transmission.

I do all my modeling in 3D and I’m looking for any 3d models/drawings/plans in either AutoCAD or Solidworks. I am an intermediate machinist and have access to a machine shop.

I did search the forum and found some discussion and links for plans, but I they were not complete. Any information/links/books would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

GT40 Plans are like gold dust to manufacturers. The only thing I could suggest especially if your model is for yourself and not in anyway a commercial project. Would be a direct approach to Holman and Moody who I believe have plans for the MKII.
Regards Allan

Hi

There is an excellent article on plans for a GT40 in this months copy of Fortyfication, the magazine published by the UK GT40 enthuisiasts club (they are in the GT40 media and club section of this site and you should consider joining them if you plan to go down a self build route). Contact details for the plans are [email protected].

Hope this helps.

John

I now want to build a 1/5th scale GT40 with a working 427 and most likely a two speed transmission.
At the 1994 GT40 Reunion at Elkhart Lake, I saw someone carrying a 2' long GT40 body. I think his plan was to build a chassis to go with it. Does anyone know what happened to it?

with a working 427 and most likely a two speed transmission.
That sounds like it would be cool. Where do you find a 1/5 scale driver? :)

Back