New member from Denmark

Hello GT40s',

I thought it was about time to join this forum as the GT40 is one of the cars I really like... Other cars I like are the AC Cobra and the Mustang Eleanor.

At the moment I am rebuilding our 1967 Mustang Fastback into an Eleanor, and thought I might just build a GT40 replica afterwards. :)

BRGDS,
Jakob

Jakob,

Welcome to the forum. You will find this place offers much technical information regarding the wonderful GT40, and the members are a great group of guys and full of information and assistance.

Since you indicated you like AC Cobras, please take the time to follow the link to the Germany Cobra Club Web Site. It is a link that contains some information regarding my AC Cobra. Let me know what you think.

http://www.cobra-ig.de/anzeigenmarkt/fahrzeuge/forsale1964accobracsx2075.php

Cheers,

Welcome Jakob, as one relative newcomer to another I hope you get a lot of pleasure from this site, it is full of some great characters and some well known names in the GT40 world. I would say go for it and get that 40 built, even Cobra owners have to turn and look. Great to hear from you.

Thanx for the warm welcome guys. I will do what I can to get a GT40 replica on Danish license plates. :)

I already have a Ford 302 engine that I pulled out of my Mustang to make room for the FE 428 engine that I will replace it with.

Gary,

The new link works much better. I must say that it is a VERY interesting car you have there. And an interesting history too! :)

Is it still in the US? An how far have you gotten in restoring it?

BRGDS,
Jakob

Jakob,

The Cobra was restored from drag race trim to street trim in 1974 by me.

Due to its age, I was forced to renew the hydraulics. I do not intend to restore it again. The paint is showing its age, but other than that, I intend to leave it as is. As far as the mechanics, I will be removing the engine soon to inspect it since it was stored for over 15 years without running the engine. When I placed it into storage, I had renewed the bearings/rings/gaskets, ect. including a new clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing. I just want to see whats going on inside the engine so when I start it, I will not suffer any unexpected issues.

At that time, I intend to agressively market the car. If someone would be interested in doing the engine inspection, and the reassebly, I would entertain the thought. The car is located at my home in Estacada, Oregon USA.

My Cobra had a few stories published in car mags, and if you are interested, I can e-mail a copy to you. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Cheers,

Back