Dutch newbie

Hi all,

My name is Sander. I'm a 34 years young car enthousiast from the Netherlands. I fell in love with the GT40 about 10 years ago through a picture. And still today I haven't seen a real one nor a replica in real life :(. Strangely I did own a GT once.. that's the Opel GT. It was the car that I fell in love with since I was at he age of twelve. As soon as I could afford it I bought a wrecked one from the states and rebuild it allmost from scratch. After two years of restoring and a year of driving it around I traded it for a TVR S1 with the ford 2.8 V6 cologne engine. Too bad I totaled the TVR a couple of months after I got it.
Around that time I was prepering for the Amsterdam Dakar challenge, A variant of the famous Paris-Dakar rally but mainly to raise funds for charity. The goal of this challenge was using a car that costs no more than euro 500,- prepare it for no more than euro 150,- and drive it from Amsterdam straight to Dakar in less than two weeks. The car used was a 1984 Renault 4 GTL. The car made it without any problems.
I dedicated a website to this www.dukesofthedesert.nl It is in Dutch, but for non Dutch speaking there's a lot of pictures that will tell the story.

As for the present time I own a 1972 TVR 1600M that I occasionally use for track days. The car has been stripped to make it lighter and a 2.0 litre ford engine with double weber sidedraft carbs. It's not a fast car to drive but still a lot of fun.

I registered to www.gt40s.com becouse I know I will own a GT40 (replica) at some point in my life. Not sure how, but it will be there. I will spend a lot of time reading the interesting threads on this forum which will help me decide in wich configuration my GT40 will end up at some day. There's no way I can come up with the money to buy a beautiful completely assembled GT40 from Superfrmance. So it will probably become a project. Luckyly I'm skilled enough to fullfill this dream.

I would like to get in contact with other Dutch GT40 owners and talk about their cars/projects.

Best regards,

Sander

Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

Hi Sander,

Glad you joined, and welcome !!!

I lived in Breda 20 years ago !!

How Do !!! (an american spelling brabant)

Dom

Welcome Sander,

I live near Alkmaar, if you see and hear a gtd let me know?
If you want to see an original ford gt40, 22,23,25 may at zandvoort.(harc)
I think hans hugenholz will be there with blue gt40.

Back