Just about ready

Hello to all,

I have been a member for a while, posted some and wondered a lot... lol
After some time I feel like it's time to bite the bullet into getting a different type of experience, one of a raw car meant for drivers who don't follow the crowd. I'm an instructor with the PCA club and I can't get the Porsche 906 or 908 out of my head. So what to do now, well, it all goes down that besides the track I also want to drive it in the street whenever I feel like it.

I live in Florida and wondered if a reproduction 906, 908 could be registered for road use, so if anyone knows anything please let me know.
I know that we have Cobras, GT40, etc... that each model have of their own different chassis and these aren't cheap replicas based on manufacturer cars, and they are road legal here so I don't see why the cars that I mentioned couldn't also be added to the list. I like what Chris Melia is doing with the 906 and 908 but I'm not a builder and would need someone to do part of the job, so I need someone to point me in the direction of a trusted builder who could bring this project into a reality.

Thanks,

Luix

Last edited:
I had to come back and say that I'm also considering Lola T70, Superformance GT40, RCR 40 MKIV or MKI wide body.

Luix,

First, WELCOME!!

Since you've been viewing this site and are aware of the RCR products you might do well to contact Fran Hall to discuss your dream. Fran is working on a "one-off" 906 and as you might know, it's been posted on the Cayman Club forum as well as on the RCR sub-forum here. It is using the Cayman engine/transaxle and Scott's race /plenum/software package. He has a second 906 body, I believe. If I had really "deep pockets", I would have tried to get that second one going! Maybe you could resurrect the 906 project?

Fran also has T70, P4, 917 designs as well as the GT40 and (my bieased favorite....) the SL-C. I lot to choose from.

In any event, welcome and I hope you find the project that best suits you.

Doc (aka CANTDRIVE55 on the Cayman forum as well)

Luix,

First, WELCOME!!

Since you've been viewing this site and are aware of the RCR products you might do well to contact Fran Hall to discuss your dream. Fran is working on a "one-off" 906 and as you might know, it's been posted on the Cayman Club forum as well as on the RCR sub-forum here. It is using the Cayman engine/transaxle and Scott's race /plenum/software package. He has a second 906 body, I believe. If I had really "deep pockets", I would have tried to get that second one going! Maybe you could resurrect the 906 project?

Fran also has T70, P4, 917 designs as well as the GT40 and (my bieased favorite....) the SL-C. I lot to choose from.

In any event, welcome and I hope you find the project that best suits you.

Doc (aka CANTDRIVE55 on the Cayman forum as well)

Thanks for the heads up, but I looked and think that you meant the 904 that his building at this moment. I like the 904, but I rather go for the others that I mentioned. There's another Porsche model that I will not say just yet that I have my mind on, if I decide on that then it will be sort of a surprise.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Your next call should be RCR... I hear he has a soft spot for the P-Cars! :)

My car sale is going really slow, the buyer needs a month or so to buy it from me. That's the reason I'm stuck for the moment.

Back