Alan Hart UK

Hello everybody, I am an interloper. :embarassed:I don’t have a GT40 but a Jaguar Series 1 E-type replica. (Sorry). I got onto this site by a friend in the States who said that the Car Factory was building a XJ13. As the editor for our club magazine (90 pages every other month) I had written about the XJ13 saying that along with the jaguar F type (which should have superseded the E type) this one of the great cars that never got into production.
Two of the best cars ever produced were the GT40 and the E type. Here in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:country-region w:st=
<st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> there are lots of GT40 and very few E types so that was my main reason for building the E replica. it’s a bit embarrassing really, but when they see my car they think its real, but even if you drive a genuine X million pound GT40, they will look and say it’s a replica, so you see where I am coming from don’t you. My car is
slower than an asthmatic pensioner running across a ploughed field in muddy wellies compared to yours, but there again it didn’t cost as much to put the engine in and with a roof off batting along at 120mph, even with a 2.7 Injected I am afraid to bang the throttle right down in case I can't get the stains out the seat.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>The GT 40 is impressive and when I went to the States last year I drove from <
<st1:State w:st="on">Florida</u1:State></st1:State> to Carlisle <u1:place u2:st="on"><u1:State u2:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pennsylvania</u1:State></u1:place></st1:place></st1:State> for your big kit car show and was surprised at the number of GT40 there, also surprised at the number of British cars that have been bought and renovated especially the MG brand. The biggest surprise was GT 40 up for sale with a VW engine in the back. The owner wasn’t around, obviously been taken round the back of the tents with a few of the good ol boys to be told the error of his ways but great deal of smiliong was going on with a lot of interest in it. No one bought it while I was there I think the interest was would it burn completely away before the owner came back. :lipsrsealed:
I shall be keeping an eye on this site to watch the progress of the XJ13 which will be a real winner when it hits the streets. There’s only one thing that concerns me, well two actually, the First is will it have a roof to keep out of the rain? (I drove back through Virginia and Georgia in real rain, and will the owners just drive it onto a low loader, off load it at the show, load it up and put it back in the garage. I hate to see cars with 69 miles on the clock and the owners so proud of their cars they won’t drive them in case they get dirty. Cars were built to be run and driven, if you want to just look at it buy a model and put it on the shelf.
Regards
from the Isle of Wight England
Alan Hart<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
Alan,
Welcome aboard. I read Ian Hynes article in KItcar UK magazine for last month on the XJ13. Look's like a nice car and don't worry about owning a GT40 lot's of us here don't but it's a good site with lot's of good members.
Dave

Max, Your right, and welcome Alan. Of the 60s icons the E type is right up there, I have seen a few replicas over the years, some better than others. One thought regarding the "real/replica" question - I get asked that all the time "Is it real" I usually answer in the same way that I heard another owner reply years ago, tap it gently and say "Well it feels real" So about that trip over the small water. How are we looking for early June? The wife and youngest Daughter are going to Paris for a weekend leaving me with a few days free. If they're going to spend my money I don't see why I cant spend some too. Max do you have yours fixed yet or will it be done by June?

Alan,

Welcome indeed!

Check with Fran Hall, aka Race Car Replicas, as he is manufacturing the XJ13. That may be my next project (for the wife!) unless Fran dreams up another winner.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
So about that trip over the small water. How are we looking for early June? The wife and youngest Daughter are going to Paris for a weekend leaving me with a few days free. If they're going to spend my money I don't see why I cant spend some too. Max do you have yours fixed yet or will it be done by June?

Chris,

June - will have to get back to you on that, we already have quite a bit on the calendar in June. Actually this entire year is getting pretty busy... mostly not '40 related though.

Car - it's getting there. I'm crossing my fingers as it should be ready in the next week or 2, then I can get it MOT'd/taxed ready for Stoneleigh (May 2nd).

Keep in touch, and let us know if you're up this way anytime anyway.

Cheers,

Max

The date for my free weekend is the 18th to the 20th June, not early like I thought. I'm supposed to be doing work around the house but a trip in the 40 sounds a better prospect. Alan, how about some more stats on your e-type?

Back