Further Research

Hi, although this is my first post I have been listening and learning from this great GT40 site for some time. I intend to start a build, late this year, of a DRB or RCR replica and I have seen and sat in examples of both. I intend to build the car mainly for road use (maybe with some ocassional track use or hill climb in the future). So I hope to make it as comfortable as possible for general cruising.
The final stage of my research involves actually riding in one, set up for predominatly road use, so I can get some idea of what the experience is like. Is there anyone in Brisbane (Australia) with a DRB or RCR that would accept an interested passenger?
Much Appreciated
Colin

Colin, the Muscle Car Shootout at Queensland Raceway on 26th & 27th of June might be a good opportunity to catch up with owners and try your luck. Looks like there will be a couple of RCR-40's there as well as other RCR cars. I've hired a few garages for RCR owners.

It's a fantastic event in it's own right, spectacular cars and some great driving. Very well organised.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Colin, first welcome, second if you contact Peter Ransom at the DRB factory on 07 38072480 I'm sure he will take you for a ride in his GT40 and show you around the factory. they are situated at Yatala not far from the famous Yatala pies about 30 minutes from the Brisbane CBD.

Thanks for the welcome Molleur! I feel like I am out of the the closet, GT40 wise, I mean.

Craig, thanks for the suggetion to visit the muscle car shoot out, may see you there.

Pete, thanks for the welcome. I have previously done as you suggested and had a tour of the DRB factory and sat in Peter Ransom's GT40. Unfortunately he was not around that day and I did not get a change for a ride. I also thought the car was more setup for track work, however I could be wrong.

Darrell, appreciate you commenting on my post. Your car is one I have looked at on this forum back in Nov and I definatley felt yours was a great road car setup, similar to what I am planning. Next time I am anywhere near Newcastle I will be sure to call.

Still need to put it out there that I would appreciate a ride in a 40 setup for the road. Brisbane - Gold Coast - Sunshine Coast will travel.

I'm putting up a bottle of Bundy to the friendly person who offers !!

Thanks

Colin

Col
We at Club GT40 have a "Run" usually the 3rd Sunday in each month around Brisbane/Gold Coast area.I am sure we can arrange a ride in one of our cars for you .
If you are interested please e-mail me and I can let you know the details of our June outing .We have about 10 cars on average on a run.
Kevin Pinkstone (Club President)

Colin, I am sure you will enjoy any ride in any GT40. The big issue is whether you are happy sitting so low to the ground, some people have real problems with it. I had the privilege of riding and in some cases driving quite a few cars before building mine and the were all different cars according to what the owners wanted in their vehicle. A GT40 can feel like a full on rough riding race car to a reasonably quite smooth riding road tourer and can be changed with just a few suspension adjustments and adding another muffler.
One thing for certain is that these cars are not for the introverted as you WILL be stared at asked questions of and have your photo taken every time the car goes out.
Getting fuel takes 10 minutes longer than it should after answering the whatisits.
All the best in looking for the car that suits your needs, take you time and thoroughly research your needs.

Darrell DRB#46
G50 LS1

Back