Hiyo!

Hi!

My name's Chris, and I'm from California... although I currently attend med school in the Caribbean (the lack of roads and sportscars/supercars are really starting to make me miss good old Orange County.)

When I'm in my native state, I drive an '99 (e36) m3, but the idea of owning a track day kit-car intrigues me very much... so I decided to join this forum to research and learn from experienced owners.

I look forward to learning from you all until!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Chris...

If you've got any questions - just ask!

Welcome Chris!

So far, it's been great "therapy" for me to work on the SL-C........Medical Liability, administrative functions, poor reimbursement, unknown future of health care, all can fade the reasons you are entering medicine but you can "recharge" with a nice build project :thumbsup:. At least you can get a nice tan during your breaks from studies!

How far along are you? Have you already decided on a specialty?

Doc Kaler (BS, MS, MD, PhD.....yikes!)

Thanks for the warm welcome Randy! I'm pretty new to the whole build-it-yourself idea with respect to automotive enthusiasm; there will be no shortage of questions once I get rolling!

Welcome Chris!

So far, it's been great "therapy" for me to work on the SL-C........Medical Liability, administrative functions, poor reimbursement, unknown future of health care, all can fade the reasons you are entering medicine but you can "recharge" with a nice build project :thumbsup:. At least you can get a nice tan during your breaks from studies!

How far along are you? Have you already decided on a specialty?

Doc Kaler (BS, MS, MD, PhD.....yikes!)

Ah, thanks for the warm welcome as well Dr K!

I've actually just started my first semester; I suppose that I have a long way to go before I can even think of purchasing any fun toys (student loans :sad: ), but the prospect helps to keep me motivated for the future.

Actually, I haven't yet decided on what field I want to work in; however, I do have some interest in peds/cardiology/anesthesiology... I know - I'm all over the place right now!

I guess for now, it's best to just try to survive my first semester and do my best to learn whatever I can - both academically and on the gt40s.com forum. Please guide my growth as an aspiring car builder :thumbsup:

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum! Don't hesitate to ask questions, the guy's here have a great deal of both experience and humor! Enjoy!

Chris, if you plan to go through medical school and also build a GT40 in the future I'd go for Gynaecology, your going to need it to get into some of the 40s intimate places! Welcome and enjoy.

Back