Finally signed up

Hello everyone...

My name is Ty and I love all sorts of cars have been part of a blood line of car enthusiasts. My father worked on and raced funny cars back in the day, mostly Fords. He also had some interesting cars after that, one being a 69 mustang SCJ 429 with drag pack. He wanted the 427 AC cobra back then but Mom put the foot down on that one (bummer). Later a DeLorean showed up and was quite fun at the time but slow. Later he got into building and selling CAV GT's. He had built a couple and had one for showcase to promote the business. He was out of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Daytona Beach</st1:place></st1:City> if you ever saw him or the cars around. Well he has retired and moved on to his other passion for hunting game. In the process he informed me that if I want the showcase car to come down and get it. Well I guess I couldn't pass this up and had to come up with a plan to get the car to Chicagoland. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I ended up purchasing a 2008 F250 King Ranch Diesel and started the road trip down and back up with the holy grail of our family’s car collection. Loaded up the Haulmark and drove up with pops. Well I would have to say that my car hobby has reached its limit.<o:p></o:p>
My garage is from around the world now.<o:p></o:p>
I drive daily an 00 Audi S4 - since 03<o:p></o:p>
First real collector car is the 95 Supra TT - since 98<o:p></o:p>
Just got the Truck<o:p></o:p>
And the CAV GT (I know you guys are wanting the # but I am out of town right now for work and will have to look it up when I get home.)<o:p></o:p>
The girl friend owns a 09 Hyundai Sonata and 01 Hyundai Elantra. (I wonder if she is trying to collect cars.)<o:p></o:p>
Well I still have to do some paperwork to get the car titled, inspected and registered. This may take a little bit but I hope next year to get it moving and maybe find some other owners that may go to a show or go out and about.<o:p></o:p>
Cheers everyone,<o:p></o:p>
Ty<o:p></o:p>

Thank you for the welcome everyone. I am going to try and post a few pictures while at the airport.

Cheers,
Ty

green-s-machines-albums-gt40-01-picture777-front-view-without-mirrors.jpg

green-s-machines-albums-gt40-01-picture778-392-polished-hilborn-fi.jpg

green-s-machines-albums-gt40-01-picture779-side-open-view.jpg

green-s-machines-albums-gt40-01-picture776-side-angle-view-without-mirrors.jpg

Welcome Ty. Sounds like you have some fun toys and good plans to enjoy.

It's great that you've picked up your father's passion for motorsports. No doubt he's smiling at the thought of his son enjoying some of the same automotive passions he enjoyed in his younger years.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Ty....

Too bad the Watermark on your car's pictures obscures the view... Looks like a very nice car!

Back