Hi there

My name is Pete, I live in Northamptonshire. I used to work for a company called Ilmor Engineering for nearly 13 years. I now work for myself building engines. I have got hold of a MK3 body ( thats when everybody goes eeck ) seems to be the least popular of the GT40's. I will be building it for a lot of circuit work using my F1/Indycar/DTM/Touring car back ground. The engine will be fairly mild to start with, 370-400hp. I have just got hold of some ally heads in prep. I will be collect parts as I go along because I have got to finish the build of an old jap car first to help with the budget. I will also be building my own chassis. Pete.

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum! There are a LOT of very knowlegeable guys on here who can help out along the way!

Cheers,

Graham.

Welcome Pete, do you know which manufacturer's GT body you have? Is it the full Mk3 or just the front end in that style with a standard rear? Although the Mk3 original was not built in as greater numbers as the racers that makes it rarer and even replicas are few and far between, it may not be everyone's cup of tea but you will have a good talking point when it's complete, enjoy the forum.

Hi Pete,

Welcome to this very helpfull forum.
I just entered myself and already got a lot of usefull info!
GL with the built and keep us informed in the proces (pics will help)

Thankyou all for the replys. I am really looking forward to getting on with the build. I think the body is an old KVA MK3, I have not picked it up yet. It does not really matter to me because I like function over form and have been looking for a while to put all the parts I have hanging around into. Because I will be using 17" Dymags it will never look like a real one. I have also got some 13" discs and Brembro calipers, a custom made ally rad that is just the right size. The car will have double wishbone front and rear, push/pull rod and blade roll bars. I can then have any roll centre I like. Pete.

Back