Hi from Baghdad

Hi all,

I'm presently working in Baghdad. I'm building a LS series powered 914. I joined up here for transaxle information. Great site!

Walt

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Walt!

I'll be interested in seeing how you keep the LS from twisting that little Porsche into a potato-chip shaped piece of metal.....that is, if you can get the original 914 tranny to hold up.

One of our members just speculated that a Subaru WRX twin-turbo motor mated to a 914 might be a nice ride.....I thought so, too!!

You'll not find a better place for transaxle info!

Doug

Walt:
Welcome.
Sounds like a nice project. I did some work on a Buick V-6 supercharged 914, went like all get out. The gearbox is well suited to mid engine application, especially the side shifter models. I never saw a problem with breakage on that car, but the owner did start off in 2nd gear most of the time as he felt 1st was too weak, and no burnouts for sure.
There is a strengthened intermediate plate available for that trans, and the 914 boxes are readily available so you should not have an issue with parts etc.
Good luck and enjoy the forum
Cheers
Phil

Hi Walt, welcome!
The 914 box has poor gear ratio's for a V-8, an early (preferred) 930 box is just about ideal. Lot's of info available for the swap at renegade..

Yes I definitely keep my head down low over here in the "sandbox". My plans are to install an Audi 01E. As for the chassis, I'm sure some reinforcement is in order. I'm hoping to avoid a cage if possible.

Walt

Back