Hello from Devon.

I have been following the build threads avidly and I am amazed at the information and ingenuity on the site, so I thought I had better come out of the ether and make myself known.
Although I've always been a huge GT40 fan I've been drawn to the darkside and am currently building a 917 spyder using a proven Nike sports racer spaceframe and Porsche 914/6 type power unit.
But please don't be too hard on me for it.

Hi Brooksey,

A Nike sports racer chassis..... Is that one of Ken Nicholls?

Nice to have a fellow Devonian on the forum!

Kind Regards

Julian

Yes it is, and Ken is involved in the project as he is actually doing all the space frame mods himself, which technically keeps it original.
I have a couple of jobs to do and then it will be going back to his workshops for the next stage.
Its a basic rolling chassis at the moment but I will post some pictures as it comes together.

Hi Brookesy
welcome to the forum and the mad house, nice to see more down this part of the country, best of luck with your build, Andy

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome..... if your near Plymouth you could take a peak at my mono......PM me.

(sounds like a chat up line..........)

Andy

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome..... if your near Plymouth you could take a peak at my mono......PM me.

Andy

Hey, Doc...just curious about that Cobra project...wasn't it a slab-side? Any progress on that one recently?

Sorry for the thread drift, we just don't see Doc around here much lately so I took the opportunity to "chat him up".....:shocked:

Cheers!

Doug

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
The side slab is playing bunk beds with the gt...... the cobra is on the bottom bunk.... its almost a rolling chassis just rear axle links to add.

Warning thread drift.........

;-)

Brookesy, Another Devonian, welcome. Hope you can come to Powderham (Nr Exeter)over this weekend, 7th/8th July. I will be there on the Sunday with my 40 so if you can make it look me up. It's the Crash box classic car show. I will be on the Black Diamond South West stand near one of the entrances.

Back