Hello from Franklin MA, U.S.A

Hello all. What brings me here is a dream Ive had for the past few years, a dream to one day to be able to build my own 40. Ive been saving nearly every dime I have since my dream started and hope it can one day come true. I should be financially ready in about 7-10 years. I plan on dropping a 302 into it and mating it to possibly an Audi gearbox. Ill be using my 40 as a show car and pleasure driver. I wouldn't want raising a family and being married to interfere with my dream, so I chose to build my 40 before I make such commitments. Well... maybe I already have a child, my 1931 Ford Model A that was my grandfathers. I'm sure you understand how your cars are like your children. Anyway, cheers :)

Hello from Brewer, Maine

Jon,
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your dream and enjoy the Model A as many of us have more than one car to play with in the garage.
Do lots of reading on this forum as there is lots of usefull info here.
Regards,
Mark

Jon - welcome from accross the pond. Hope you are still quite young then if you plan to take 7-10 years to start your 40 and knowing that it takes approx 2 years elapsed time to build. Don't be disheartened if the right girl comes along and marriage and children follow BEFORE the 40 gets completed, just keep that dream alive and you will get there. Be assured that the right girl (one who will support your race car dream) is out there. The two should not be mutually exclusive.

Jon - welcome from accross the pond. Hope you are still quite young then if you plan to take 7-10 years to start your 40 and knowing that it takes approx 2 years elapsed time to build. Don't be disheartened if the right girl comes along and marriage and children follow BEFORE the 40 gets completed, just keep that dream alive and you will get there. Be assured that the right girl (one who will support your race car dream) is out there. The two should not be mutually exclusive.

Hey thanks. Yes, I'm only in my early 20's. Working as a mechanic for a while but not for much longer. Great hobby, not so great as a job. Currently I'm taking the first steps to get involved into the nursing field. I hope that works out in regards to getting a job. As for the girl, I've got a great one now for the past almost 3 years. She doesn't disapprove of my dream. Haha she's even got herself a Mustang dream to go along with mine :D

Last edited:
Back