First post

Hi,
I have been building my GT40 for 3 and a half years, thought you might like to see some work. Built up from a mixture of parts from Ford inc 340HP 350 lb/ft 302, Tornado, Southern GT, Hi Spec, Chis Cole, Quaife, Image, Smiths, Motolita and other UK parts suppliers. Latest picture is exhaust being built at Southern GT. Car returns home thursday and I hope to get ready for paint around January, engine run and on the road in the new year.
Best Regards Graham Crawley

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_4477.jpg
    IMG_4477.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 365
Looks good me thinks, also those mufflers look special made?
guess to keep noise limits down?
wonder how they sound, will 2013 for you means driving the car?

Hi,
I have been building my GT40 for 3 and a half years, thought you might like to see some work. Built up from a mixture of parts from Ford inc 340HP 350 lb/ft 302, Tornado, Southern GT, Hi Spec, Chis Cole, Quaife, Image, Smiths, Motolita and other UK parts suppliers. Latest picture is exhaust being built at Southern GT. Car returns home thursday and I hope to get ready for paint around January, engine run and on the road in the new year.
Best Regards Graham Crawley
Hi and welcome Graham from a fellow ex-pat now living in New York, [ ex- Hurstpierpoint], very nice looking car, cant wait to see it when its finnished, whose alloy cylinder heads are on your engine! I would love to hear that run, any how, all the best for now and have a merry christmas, Neville Nesbitt.:thumbsup:

Graham, nice looking build bet you can't wait now it's so close - I remember how I felt when it was that close, still feel that way every time I see it in the garage 5 years on. Hmmm orange wheels, I wonder what colour scheme you will be going for?

Malcolm

Supporter
Am I right in think the silencers are Micks with the catalytic convertors built in and also are very efficient at noise reduction?

Hi all thanks for the replies and interest.
Rene,
The exhausts are from Southern GT, on a similar car they sounded great with a low rumble at low revs, hopefully around 102 decibels.
Neville,
My US flag is incorrect, I assume I was given it as I have a .com internet address, I actually live in Billericay, Essex. Although working for Ford I did have two years living in Ann Arbour, Michigan just outside Detroit. Cylinder heads are Ford GT40.
Steve,
I will have to give you an e mail at work, I work in Powertrain Systems Integration on the new diesel engine programme.
Chris,
The indicators come from a parts supply company here in the UK, Stafford vehicle components, I am sure they would ship to you.
Best Regards Graham

Graham,
You can change the flag in your UserCP area. Come on post more photos, I know you have more, as you've sent them to me in work ;)

PS moving to Warley in Jan :(

Brett

Back