Greetings from Germany

Hi there,

my name is Bernhard, i'm 29yr old and i'm living in germany. I bought a 66 Mustang Coupe in 2011 (my first classic car). I did at this car a 5.0 HO swap (with carb, not EFI) and this year i will swap the C4 to an tremec T5.
With a few other minor modifications to the mustang it will be a good daily driver (on sunny days :thumbsup:) to me and i don't plan further modifications.

Now i've began to plan the next purchase for an classic car project and to me the GT40 is one of the finest cars out here. Because i studied mechanical engineering and founded the first formula SAE team at my university, i did get in touch with puristic and tough-minded race cars. I think the GT40 is the best of both worlds: american V8s and supercars.

I wan't to start my GT40-build in the next two or three years. And for that i begin planing now. I hope to get interessting information on this forum. Especially i hope to get some information which way is the best to get the car registered as a classic car in germany... not so easy what i've heard.

Greeting from Germany
Bernardo

ps: I'm afraid my english is a bit rusty

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Ich Bein Ein Idiot.

Yes, I'm a stupid American who only speaks English. Always amazed by multilingual folks apologizing for their English. Like Ron said, it's fine, welcome, and cool cars!

Back