Thought I'd say hi and post a question too!

Hello, I'm Karl and I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. I've been surfing through this site for a few years and joined up a while ago. I don't have a GT40 sorry, (I do admire the cars for sure, and Holman Moody). I first turned up here because I'm slowly building up a track themed '64 Ford Zephyr Mklll (running a Windsor and 4 speed) and so I've been picking up on what factory and aftermarket performance parts were mostly used back around the mid to late 60's (or building custom parts along the same lines). Plus there's lots of very interesting tech about the forum here.
I do have a question about a distributor I brought that I'd like to ask if any of you can tell me what it may be off? Its a Ford Transistor type with tach drive and has the following numbers and letters on it: XF 213399 (Stamped) followed by a hand engraved SPOHN ( I'm thinking its probably not a Windsor part). I have read the messages in the forums here mentioning the XE transistor distributors but this is clearly XF not XE. I'm not sure if I can post a pic here but I'd try if it helped anyone id the part,
Cheers,
Karl,

Re: Thought I'd say hi and attach a pic on my car

Hi, First just quickly, I have updated the question I posted on the Transistorized distributor in the relevant forum today, however on checking in just now my last message I posted here appears gone? I had thought I'd attached it ok, maybe not (if my message was by chance unsuitable to the forums rules could a Mod let me know please?). Anyway as mentioned in my first post above I have a UK designed 60's Ford sedan I'm building up with a vintage type race car theme from the boot (the trunk) to the interior to under the bonnet (hood). I thought I'd post an attachment here (of the car was) as US enthusiasts may not be too familiar with these cars (I'm pretty sure the Mklll Zephyr dash mounted demister grille was even used in some of the Gt40's?). These sedans were popular racing cars in NZ, OZ and the UK, mine is non stock with V8 and 4 speed though I have built up the inline 6's for performance (the basic engine from the earlier Mkll Zephyrs were also used for a time in the AC Ace cars). I have stuck with modifications to the car that local racers in the 60's themselves often did and elsewhere I've fabricated my own parts. The attachment shows the car as I had it over 20 years ago, this time around the bling is being removed and 60's NZ, UK and US aftermarket parts are being used where needed.
Anyway I apologize if this message is not suitable, if so I'll move on.
Cheers,
Karl.
New Zealand.

Attachments

• ClassicFord readers rides.jpg
    ClassicFord readers rides.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 200
Karl,
Welcome to the forum.
Also, be understanding that some questions are hard to answer with out seeing pictures of the part in detail.
Maybe if you posted the question in the motor section you would have gotten a reply?
Regards,
Mark

Re: Thanks for the welcome Mark!

Hi Mark, Thanks for the welcome, (my first!). Regarding the Distributor question, yes I did post it with photos in the Engine forum a while back as well as I figured within a day of posting an introduction here that it was best left out of this section, (and one person did reply which was great).
Here it is here for anyone wanting to view photos:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...722-ford-transistor-distributor-question.html
The Part is excess to my needs so I will probably look for a new home for it.
Thanks again for the welcome Mark,
Cheers,
Karl

Back