new guy in Northern California

Hi all, I've been reading the forums for a while and decided it's time to join. I'm a long-time car nut with a love of all cars, but primarily vintage race cars, classic European sports cars, and anything unusual! I tinker a bit with cars and motorcycles and participate in track events throughout California. Thanks for all the great info here and I look forward to more as I pursue my first GT40

Thanks guys, It's good to be here. I am in discussions with Dennis Peck at Dynamic Auto West (SPF dealer in San Carlos) regarding a potential MkI build. He just gave me some specs and price on a 363 stroker, with an RPF transaxle. His preferred engine guy, Ted, seems like he has done some great work on SPF cars. I haven't come to a decision on the car yet, but the more I read on this forum, the closer I get!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,

I got my MK1 from Dennis in 2008, I absolutly love it.......

I went with the Roush 342R and an RBT-ZF, I think it's a great combination. I have over 40K miles and it is running great!

A bunch of us get together Sat morning in the movie parking lot next door to the Winchester Mystery House around 10:30. Come by and I'll give you a ride in P/2264.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dave. I'm in San Ramon, You are welcome to drop by for a beer and talk hot rods. Drop me a email and I'll send you back a ph #. I have a GTD on the road and SLC in progress.

Jim & Howard: PMs sent. Thanks! Y'all are also welcome to come have a cold drink in my garage, maybe one Sunday after a "Cars n' Coffee" at the Blackhawk Museum. I have a few fun rides (although note that there is still room for a GT40), and always enjoy a run up Mt. Diablo or down to Skyline Blvd!

greengarage_zpsa052a325.jpg

Welcome Dave,
Have not been to the Blackhawk collection for a long time. I need to get together with Howard and drag his GT40 over there so I have an excuse to visit the place again.

SLC 001

Back