Hello from MI

Hello everyone - just registered and wanted to share my ongoing project.....

My car is one of the six EG Autokraft Coupe Replicas built by Emilio Garcia. The E.G. Autokraft is without doubt the most accurate replica of the marque (Ferrari 365 GTB4 or Daytona as it was known), dimensions are exact and allow genuine Ferrari Daytona parts to be used if required. The EG Autokraft was the work of Emilio Garcia and Peter Jacobs, Emilio had been turning genuine Daytona Coupes into Spyders for years and the next logical step was for him to engineer a replica based off the original cars he was modifying. He turned to Peter Jacobs to make the molds and bodies, Peter was the man who built the bodies for the RS200 Ford Rally car and the GTD, a very well know GT40 replica. The EG bodies were Kevlar reinforced composite and only 6 coupe bodies were known to have been produced. The chassis is an authentic tube replica of the original Ferrari Daytona, but the car utilizes V12 Jaguar mechanical components (V12 Engine, gearbox, steering, suspension and axles). MY car is dismantled, see story and pictures below. Im now based in the US whilst the car is located in the UK.

I’ve owned this car for many years, driven it occasionally and then decided to create an even more accurate version of the Ferrari Daytona with this car. I was very happy with the exterior look, the body is in amazing shape with high quality finish of both panels and paint. However the interior was not ‘authentic’ enough for me (it used the Jaguar instruments and switchgear). So I set about collecting the complete interior parts from an original Ferrari Daytona, it’s taken me 5 years to collect all the parts but now I have everything that is required to make this the most accurate Ferrari Daytona Coupe replica ever built – every switch and original instrument gauge, including a complete Ferrari steering column and NOS Daytona steering wheel! I even have the rare material that the dash was originally finished in – a type of Alcantara called ‘fuzzy felt’ that I found in Italy. The fibreglass dash was re-shaped to more accurately represent the original Ferrari and allow for fitment of the original gauges as well as replicating the air-con plastic box which I had vacuum formed. I also have many other original Ferrari Daytona parts, such as Cromodora wheels, complete headlights cans, seals and lenses, taillights, glass, badging, grills, bumpers, door locks and latches etc. I was in the process of changing the colour combinations of the car – I'm planning to have a silver exterior and blue interior, and as such had already had the seats re-trimmed in blue Connolly hide (I have a number of hides specially coloured by Connolly Leather in the UK). The seats are also very authentic replicas of the original seat even down to the inner frames and headrest and I even had the inserts accurately copied with a special press tool I had machined.

The engine is a Jaguar V12, with the very hard to find set of 6 vintage downdraft Webers, Hayward & Scott stainless steel tubular race headers and authentic Ferrari Daytona back boxes with quad outlets. The gearbox is a manual Getrag 5 speed, and the linkage for the shifter has been engineered to replicate the offset of the original Daytona mechanism. I had specially commissioned aluminium castings to replicate the cam covers of the original Daytona, which sit on top of the existing Jaguar cam covers. There is a brand new wiring loom, once again, that I had specially built specifically for this car. The brakes have been completely overhauled and many suspension parts re-plated.

Anyway - hope you guys find my project interesting........

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    751.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 267
Some detail bits......

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 260
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 236
Interior coming together......

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 273
I'm not sure how many of you forum members live in the Detroit area - but every Saturday morning 8:00am - 10:00am there is a Cars & Coffee event at Pasteiner's car book store in Birmingham MI. I'll be there with my 65' Mustang 2+2 fastback - it'll be the black one with red interior. Hope to see you there.....

www.autozonehobbies.com

Regards,

Chris

Back