Hi from The Netherlands

Hi to all, I am Simon Vels from The Netherlands , I recently bought a ERA GT40 Roadster ,and have some other cars too.
My greatfull thanks go to Mike Drew ,Mark Charlton and Julian Kift for their help to purchase this incredible car.
Simon

Hi Simon

Welcome to the forum..
Nobody else has replied so I will try to explain how to attach pictures..
If you have a 8/12/16 megapixel camera the pictures are too large to upload to this forum so you will need to compress (shrink) them to allow you to attach them..
I am guessing you have windows on your computer so you need to open your pictures by double clicking on them.
When they have opened go to the EDIT PICTURES button and double click on that.
Then on the right hand side of you screen go to the COMPRESS PICTURES button and double click.
Select WEB PAGES as the option for the size to compress to and the click OK.
If you want to keep your original picture save this picture as something else.
When you are on GT40s.com and want to ATTACH or add a picture go to the paper clip to the right of the smiley face and double click...
This brings up another box called manage attachments go to one of the BROWSE FILES buttons and double click then go to the picture that you have saved (compressed version)
Click on that photo and then press the upload button to the right.
Watch the bottom left corner and it should be connecting.

If you have tried to upload a photo that is too large it will not do anything..

File sizes and types are listed on the BROWSE FILES page and if you hover over a file with your mouse pointer it will give you the size of your file..

Hope this helps and enjoy the forum...

Cheers Craig Young

Attachments

• DSCF0720.jpg
    DSCF0720.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCF1725.jpg
    DSCF1725.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCF4413.JPG
    DSCF4413.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Reactions: Mic
Craig,

I really like your GT40 photo. My daughter had this sign made for me by a very professional sign company. It is the same style font as yours. Small world...

Beautiful CNC work!

-Bob Woods

Attachments

• GT40 Factory sign.JPG
    GT40 Factory sign.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 340

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Simon, congrats for finally receiving the car at your garage, and for joining GT40s.com. You must certainly have one of the most striking GT40's in the Netherlands now. And probably the loudest too. It makes an excellent companion to your other incredible cars.

Here are a few images of this beautiful car, which will be familiar to several members here as it was built by Fran Kress and then owned by at least one other member.

DSC_2361_zpsd25535b6.jpg

DSC_2358_zps1d1b2abc.jpg

DSC_2331_zps91b36bfd.jpg

DSC_2310_zps472effc4.jpg

DSC_2290_zps647b1aee.jpg

DSC_2285_zps34b43424.jpg

IMG_2047_zps5732ad9e.jpg

Mark

Hi Guys

Thanks for the compliment Bob...
It's how I spend my days so if you need something special..
Loved the pictures of your new car Simon, thanks for sharing Mark

Cheers Craig Young

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Off course ,but I think whit a Pantera .
The GT 40 is not yet ready for the road.(No legal title)
Simon

I look forward to seeing you at Le Mans Classic, are you attending Charlie's De Tomaso tour prior to the event?

Julian

I look forward to seeing you at Le Mans Classic, are you attending Charlie's De Tomaso tour prior to the event?

Julian
Hi Julian, how are you?
I do not attending Charlie's De Tomaso tour, we drive whit 11 cars to LeMans on Friday and back on Sunday , no not all are DeTomaso's
we stay into the Aster hotel .
I like to see you again.
Simon

Back