GT40 novice from Belgium

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
Hello everyone,

Now that I have some driving experience and improving construction skills, I started to think to make my dream come true. I have always dreamed of owning/driving a GT40 Mk.1. I've been on the lookout for some kits, but I think i'd rather start from zero, a scratch build.

I would love to hear what you think of my idea, I'm planning on building it up, piece by piece. when budget is available. I can start drawing a 3D monococque chassis and afterwards lasercut it to assemble using rivets/welding

My biggest concern however is how to make it road-legal, are there any Belgians who have tried to register a replica Ford gt40 or a scratchbuild one? I'd love to know it. Another concern are the Belgian roads and speedhumps, do these damage the car?

Any advice/tips/comment/questions are accepted ;)

cheers

Nicolas

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
It is sad to see that nobody reacts, after a few thoughts I will be using either the riviera GT40 chassis or the gt-forte chassis. Is there really nobody from Belgium who can tell me how to get your car registered? It would be very useful, I don't want to build a car that I cannot drive on the roads

cheers!

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

First time I see your thread and welcome to the GT40 world.

We are a bunch of GT40 owners in Belgium and would be more then pleased to help you on your dream.

The road of building from scratch is the hard way.It takes a lot of time and money but if this is your passion then its fine.

Our experience is to find a semi or finished car, preferable with European papers.
The advantage is that you can 'refurbish/upgrade' the car at your personal specs (we have some experience on finding help, bits an pieces etc) whilst allowing potential registration in Belgium which is not at all the most easy challenge.
Registration of a scratch build car is probabaly the most difficult way forward.

I suggest you mail me: [email protected]

rgds
Fred

Back