Hello from Bruxelles !

Hello everybody !

My name is Elliot and I come from Belgium ! I'm 17 years old and a fan of americans cars and especially Mopar ! I'm into an french club fan of mopar : the Mopar Owners Club (MOC) ! I have the project to buy a 70 Roadrunner in your beautiful country when I'll 18 years old !

But for my second project I'll build a car for doing some race on the weekend ! I don't know which one but I love GT40 and a lot of mid engine cars. I have some questions and I hope I'll find aswers on this forum !

But first someone can tell me who makes the best kit for start a built ? I have made some drawings of chassis plan ! I'll put them here soon.

Sorry for my English, thank's and see you on the road !

Elliot

Hi Elliot,

Welcome to the forum.
I live in Brussels and we have a couple of GT40 owners here in Belgium.

If you want to contact me you v-can mail at debraeyskynet.be

All the best
Where are you living in Belgium?

Rgds
Fred

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
Hello,

I'm 19 years old and also Belgian ;)
currently I'm doing some research on scratchbuilding a GT40, it would be great to get in touch with each other. Do you want to make a self-designed car or replicate the GT40?
No offense, but I don't recognize much of a GT40 in your drawings.

Cheers

Nicolas

Don't worry no offense :p ! It's normal you don't recognize GT40 in my drawings because I have not inspired myself from a GT40 to make this drawing ;) The doors looks like 68-70 Charger doors, front & hood => Agera R and Quarter panel => ZR1

For my futur build I'll do a GT40 tribute from Lemans 66 n°2.
But like I said my first project it will be a 1970 Roadrunner and build a replica of GT40 is an expensive project (if I do the things correctly). I can't take a decision of this order right now because I'm only 17 years old and I don't even have a job.

But If you want my help to build a GT40 scratchbuild it will be a real pleasure ! ;) Where are you from in Belgium Nicolas ?

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
I live near Ghent. And I personally don't think our age should keep us from not building one. Yes, I will have limited budget, but hey this makes it even more exciting, it's also a great way to sharpen your skills and even learn new ones.
It's a shame gas prices and taxes are so high here. So when I wouldn't be able to drive the car around, I will put it in my living room, because it's just such a piece of art.

Cheers

Nicolas

I live near Ghent. And I personally don't think our age should keep us from not building one. Yes, I will have limited budget, but hey this makes it even more exciting, it's also a great way to sharpen your skills and even learn new ones.
It's a shame gas prices and taxes are so high here. So when I wouldn't be able to drive the car around, I will put it in my living room, because it's just such a piece of art.

Yes sure Nicolas ;) I think personally that the best way to ride with a GT40, it's to buy one with title and insurance at a low price (without engine and transaxle maybe) and you build new engine, new transmission new brakes, new suspension (don't need a 347 stroker of 600Hp and a 6speed sequential transmission so the budget will not be so big) ! We can found base in Germany or in UK or eaven in the USA ! And like I said it will be a real pleasure to help you to build a GT40' ;) !

Eliot and Nicolas, I hope I speak for others on this site but even if not I for one am heartened by the enthusiasm of you two! at 17 and 19 I would not have been contemplating building a car (fitting the electrics to one, yes - building, no) so all credit to you, I hope you manage to reach that goal soon. I would recommend that you take every opportunity to go look at some cars so Fred's invite may be the first of many. Ghent is one of my favorite cities and I'm sure seeing a GT40 cruising the cobbled streets around the castle will be quite a sight. Good luck to you both and keep chasing that dream!

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
@Chris Headon

thanks for the encouragement, I have now contacted Elliot and we will try to help each other with the builds. After some discussion we will probably use Renés chassis plans and use Gtfortes body. I will start the construction this summer if space and money allows.

@Fred

I will try to be there, it would be great to meet up and see your Ford GT40

Cheers

Nicolas

Back