Hello from ~Atlanta

I found this forum looking for McLaren M8-type clone work after obtaining the NZ mag's writeup of the "McCopy" car; found the Arkansas / Manta / M8 guy as wel - cool! I've got lots of reading to do, clearly.

I'm an engineer with good CAD and fab skills; am slowly preparing to design and scratch-build my own (monocoque and EFI-coverted calliope BBC) version of a high-wing ('69) M8-B as a street car. I'll stray by having a center seat like a McLaren F1, and actually build about 108-110% scale to get the tire / wheel proportions right and more shoulder protection.

I currently have:

The Putsch Racing M8-B go-kart - now signed by Brian Redman -
McLaren M8F meets M8B Go-Kart! Seeks Posh New Home; McLaren Owner Strongly Preferred » www.Car-Revs-Daily.com

A La Carrera PanAmerica '59 Mercedes as my daily driver -The La Carrera Panamericana...: Remember The #278 Mercedes

A nice Mid-Engineering Kelmark as a weekend car -
KelmarkGT.freeforums.org • View topic - Forrest McCanless' Kelmark.

And an aero-ized '91 Accord for my wife's daily driver - 35-44 mpg in normal city / highway driving -
Finally painted and finished - - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

The attached pic is of my McLaren shrine -

Forrest McCanless

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 216
Forrest,
Nice work. Really impressed with your skills. Where in Atlanta are you. I am in Snellville with a DRB GT-40. Would like to get the cars together for a pic or two.
I am in the middle of repainting mine. Tremendous amount of time to get it done. I am no engineer but I try with my build. Send me a PM and we might be able to get together.

Bill

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Welcome Forrest, now we've got three black...err...orange sheep in the group. I'm jealous already. My shrine only includes the A and B :(

Ox

Back