Building the ride I always wanted

Hi,new here.Gonna build my swan song.Probably an slc coupe.Fran,we talked on the phone this week.Bobby Grossman,s silent partner.Maybe tou knew my stepmom.she raced D-types on the London circuit in the 60,s.Joyce Norden.She'd have been older than you by a good bit,though.

Thanks,Jack!!
My Latin has parted company with my brain cells for quite some time now...Joined this forum for some insight on whether to use an air cooled flat six or a water cooled V-eight in an SLC coupe.I've been looking at their workmanship and I couldn't build it myself.My opinions of "kit cars" are 30 or 40 years old and are definitely outdated.

Hi Billy,

pleasure was all mine to chatting with you.

We will have some serious fun with your new build..

Hi Fran...
I watched a couple of your videos and I'm definitely firing up the motorhome when I've got all my questions in some kind of order.It's simple sort of.I want an LM P car I can run on pump gas for a couple thousand miles.I've got a 3.0 Porsche or an aluminum 5.7 GM style V-8.I'll send you some details before I show up.Everything I've seen so far is way beyond what I expected

Attachments

• Porsche-911-GT1-Replica-1999-06K6H020620488G[2] - Copy.jpg
    Porsche-911-GT1-Replica-1999-06K6H020620488G[2] - Copy.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Porsche-911-GT1-Replica-1999-06K6H020620488H[1] - Copy - Copy.jpg
    Porsche-911-GT1-Replica-1999-06K6H020620488H[1] - Copy - Copy.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 218
  • scan355[1].jpg
    scan355[1].jpg
    177 KB · Views: 211

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks Bill,

I would love to have you come by...please bring your scrap book.

the Porsche engine you sent me a picture of would be great in an SLC.

The V8 you show in the picture is in the back of Porsche GT1 replica from a few years ago

Yeah,the guy lives in Cali somewhere,All I could ever find was a couple of pics from 06 that showed up when I found my 911 in San Diego.I've got an alum V8 and a ZF.L've got a Whipple with throttle bodies on it now.I've been working on progressive centrifugal type gearing on the S-charger.It doesn't work with an 8 rib belt.I didn't even know anybody even made a GT-1 copy.I was wondering if it was yours.Looks like a Porsche tranny maybe.I've got tall deck AFR heads and solid roller cam.I know I need a bunch more clearance than shows in that pic.

Thanks Bill,

I would love to have you come by...please bring your scrap book.

the Porsche engine you sent me a picture of would be great in an SLC.

The V8 you show in the picture is in the back of Porsche GT1 replica from a few years ago

Hi,Fran
If I was a little out of it last week I apologize.Turns out I was having strokes.I was a little out of it and when my left side went numb my wife took me to the hosp.I sent you those Porsche pic,s to see if you built it.When I found em on supercars. that's when your ad? popped up.No offense to anybody but I wasn't that crazy about some of the welds.
I wanted to ask you if you had any SLC,s already built waiting for power.I might be in a little more hurry than I thought.I bought(traded) for a Ford GT on Sat.He was gonna drive it here from Chicago tomorrow but maybe I'll drive the Porsche up there.If I do that I'd Like to stop by Tues. or Wed. if possible.Talk to you by phone before I do.I had to open another acct. cause I couldn't remember the first one.Thanks,Bill

Back