New Owner/club member

Could anyone help me please??
Hello All
New to the site and GT40 ownership
I have a 1989 Mk1 GTD40 with 1400 miles
Putting it back together and need help please
Can i get a build manual ????
It was factory built.
Having problems fitting the fuel tanks because it has both seniors and on one of the fuel tanks another plate with two threaded pipes coming out (any idea's)
also need help with fitting the alternator and AC compressor.
Sorry not that mechanically minded.
Thank you for all help/advise given.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi and Welcome
On the tanks the two threaded ports could be the flow and return that is required with fuel injection.

Or it could be for a breather system to allow air to be vented from the rear of the tanks

Ian

Hi Anthony,

I started the same way as you in Belgium
A good advice: contact Frank Catt (member on this site).
He is a GTD genius and always very helpfull.
You certainly will avoid spending money in the beginning!

Good luck in your endavour.

Fred

Hi Anthony,

Fred

Thanks for the advise.

Frank has contacted me and invited me over to see a GTD and help with parts etc.

Cheers

Anthony

Hi and Welcome
On the tanks the two threaded ports could be the flow and return that is required with fuel injection.

Or it could be for a breather system to allow air to be vented from the rear of the tanks

Ian

Hello Ian

Thanks for your comments.
If i had a breather system to allow air to be vented from the rear of the tanks, do I just leave them open???
Would petrol not leak out.
Sorry to sound stupid but not that technically minded.
Anthony

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ian

Thanks for your comments.
If i had a breather system to allow air to be vented from the rear of the tanks, do I just leave them open???
Would petrol not leak out.
Sorry to sound stupid but not that technically minded.
Anthony

On some I have seen an air vent that goes through a pipe and connets up will the filler pipe so, if you are parked nose down in a garage the tank will fill and the last air from the rear will be vented through this pipe to the filler area.

On others I have seen a pipe being taken from this area up to th top of the roll over hoop in the engine bay - through a non return (eoll over valve and back to bottom of chassis level to vent to atmosphere - or through a carbon canister and back into the intake system to avoid fumes

Ian

Hi Anthony,

Fred

Thank you very much Fred
Seeing Frank on Weds this week.
Kind regards
Anthony

On some I have seen an air vent that goes through a pipe and connets up will the filler pipe so, if you are parked nose down in a garage the tank will fill and the last air from the rear will be vented through this pipe to the filler area.

On others I have seen a pipe being taken from this area up to th top of the roll over hoop in the engine bay - through a non return (eoll over valve and back to bottom of chassis level to vent to atmosphere - or through a carbon canister and back into the intake system to avoid fumes

Ian

Thank you Ian for all your advise
Going to see Frank on Weds and taking my tanks etc with me plus various other parts for Frank to explain what they are.
CHEERS AGAIN IAN

Back