Searching for a 1/12 scale kit

I found this site by following a thread about a 1/8 scale scratch built GT 40 HOPING to find the rare Trumpeter 1/12 scale model kit of the Ford GT 40.If anyone knows where there is one for sale I would be delighted to buy it. Barry.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Amazing. I am familiar with those parts in 1:1 having spent twelve years putting 1149 together. The level of realism here is amazing.

Michel, Thank-you for the information , I was able to place an order for the GT 40 1/12 scale from LUCKY,they are in England , Shalom ,Barry.

Barry do not forget to order the New Zealand Fern decals that were on the drivers side of P/1046 as well as the Shelby sticker on the windows. They were made by a firm at the time try Grand Prix Model in Banbury UK and get on there website. Also from model reviews at the time of the kits launch remember the kit was based on the car as it has been restored today with for instance a modern battery. Also some of the hoses supplied in the kit were impossible to bend.
There is a great review in the US magazine. I cannot remember the magazines name. I will try and find the article if I can.
Regards Allan

I will not be doing a replica of the 1966 version,it will be as I would order one,maybe a 427 cammer with fuel injection.Also ordered a trans kit for it, many metal parts and 8 sheets of photo etched. I am not aware of anyone stateside that has one for sale.A site in Belgium has one for 265.EURO over $300.us plus shipping. The Hong Kong site has it for $129.us plus $55.to ship , a much better deal. Oh Luckymodels is in Hong Kong ,not in England.

Well it turned out that Luckymodel in Hong-Cong could not locate the kit in China so I had to buy from the seller in Belgium,at least it is on its way.

Back