New SLC to be built in NC

Hello all,

Just wanted to drop a note that I ordered a SL-C from Fran yesterday, and hope to get started on it in the early fall. I'm a Porsche / Audi guy mostly, but this one is going to be Ford Coyote powered! Looking forward to discussing the build with the community here, looks like a good group.

Thanks,

Preston

Welcome from another Porsche / Audi guy!

If you haven't checked the SLC wiki yet, you might find it entertaining! Just put public.slc.wiki into your browser.

Welcome to the forum Preston. There are many folks here to walk you through anything (well almost) you may need assistance with during your build.

Yes welcome to another NC club member....many good daydreams of the finished car as you proceed down the build. We all like to see pictures as the build goes along.

To follow up:

Shortly after ordering I realized that I *wouldn't* have the right amount of time, so I had the car shipped to Allan Uzwiak to do the majority of the work. He was great to work with, and was more than accomodating about the "unusual" features of my SL-C (Ford Power, Accusump, various other changes for track use, etc.). Intercity Lines delivered her to me this morning. The engine needs tuning, the car needs a vinyl wrap, but I'm almost ready to hit the track! Very excited.

4IQnq6i.jpg

xriPtdf.jpg

pMBB6tZ.jpg

Is it painted, or in gelcoat?

I assume you are going to fabricate some endplates for the wing?

Is there an external power-off switch?

What are the two red dot things on the pass side under the windshield?

Where are you going to run it? Since VIR is closest to you, have you calculated the gearing for the straights?

Car is looking good, and probably the only Ford-powered SLC out there.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Looks great!
I'm guessing that the red buttons are for the fire system and the battery cutoff.
Is that a connection for a quick jack on the rear just above the transaxle? And are those
backup sensors on the rear? Do you think there is enough room under the bodywork for a Boss302 or CJ intake? The CJ intake barely fits under the body of the GT-R.
Ron

Attachments

• KIMG1734.jpeg
    KIMG1734.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 439
  • KIMG1732.jpeg
    KIMG1732.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Is it painted, or in gelcoat?

I assume you are going to fabricate some endplates for the wing?

Is there an external power-off switch?

What are the two red dot things on the pass side under the windshield?

Where are you going to run it? Since VIR is closest to you, have you calculated the gearing for the straights?

Car is looking good, and probably the only Ford-powered SLC out there.

The gelcoat was white, but we painted it Porsche Grand Prix white as well. We will add some color with a vinyl wrap scheme next.

Endplates are on the way from RCR... hopefully soon.

There is an external power off switch made by Cartek in the UK. That is one of the red dots (buttons) near the windshield. The other button is for the fire suppression system. Appropriate labels will be added.

VIR will be the home track, yes. I haven't calculated the gearing on the straights, but as the Ford motor revs out more happily than the LS units, similar to the Audi V8, I'm hoping the gearing is in range.

Looks great!
I'm guessing that the red buttons are for the fire system and the battery cutoff.
Is that a connection for a quick jack on the rear just above the transaxle? And are those
backup sensors on the rear? Do you think there is enough room under the bodywork for a Boss302 or CJ intake? The CJ intake barely fits under the body of the GT-R.
Ron

All good questions Ron!

Yes on the buttons.

Yes, there are 4 air jacks installed, and the receiver is at the rear. Allan and I had fun doing this. :) I have an air jack system on my Porsche 964 RSR, and I really appreciate it, even if you don't have to work fast. Helps get low cars up on a lift too -- put up the air jacks, then position the lift arms, then retract the jacks. Most lifts don't easily fit underneath these extremely low cars...

Yes, there are two backup sensors installed at the rear. I got a simple cheap kit from Amazon. Just extra insurance that you don't roll into something. I do have an interior rearview camera as well.

I'm curious about whether one of the higher performance intake manifolds will fit. From what I've measured....probably. But it is going to be close. We will start with tuning the motor with this stock intake, and if I get the need for more power, probably combine the intake upgrade with a set of Boss 302 heads as well.

Preston,
My name is Don Davis and I will be building an SL-C with a Coyote/Voodoo engine also. To make matters even worse I'm going to add twin turbos to the already cramped engine bay. Any input from you in this regard will do be very appreciated. It appears to be a very tight fit. Please contact me at: [email protected] or 760-468_0170 or here.

Back