Newbie - intro

Hello!
I just registered in hopes of learning more about the GT40, so that I can make the best purchasing decision possible. I have been a Porschephile ever since I was a little kid, and have been lucky enough to attain a few of my dream cars over the last few years (87 911 Turbo & a 944 track car). But ever since seeing the GT40's run at an SVRA event last year at Indy, I have become obsessed with the history of the car, and of course, obtaining one (a replica, of course). All of my scouring of the internet, and my conversations with current owners, (plus my personal preferences), have me leaning towards a CAV MKI Gulf (351W) or a SPF MKII (black with silver stripes). I'm guessing those are probably two of the most popular schemes. The more originality, the better. Looking for a turn key car as I have very little wrenching experience. Although I do have a great mechanic lined up! I anticipate the majority of the miles to be on the track, with some street miles mixed in. Anyway, I am looking forward to learning more about these great cars, and hope to be in the ownership club soon.

Last edited:
Have fun Bryan and enjoy the drive. Go out and drive the cars your interested in where you can. You'll get plenty of advice as to what to get and how the cars behave. I just purchased an ERA MkI but also own Superformance cars so I'm prejudiced towards SPF cars. Like you I've been a Porschephile since I bought a '67 way back when and until last week, have owned the last new one for the past 33 years. My friends think I'm a Mustang person because I have 6. Welcome to the group. We have a wide taste in automobiles.

Back