New GTD owner from Worcestershire, UK

Hi

Picked up my stock GTD yesterday and over the moon :). Previous owner had cherished the car for many years and condition is stunning for a 1991 car.

image_zps8qomprwt.jpeg

Total of 100 miles completed popping to friends and family, who wanted to see the car, now safely back in the garage with it's slightly more modern stable mate. I refer to them as "Beauty and the Beast" ....right to left :thumbsup:

image_zpsmgqbrvxy.jpeg

image_zpsunwqwrud.jpeg

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum!

Have you already joined the gt40 enthusiasts club? It may be worth joining as we're arranging an 'all-out' trip to Le Mans classic next year as it's the 50th anniversary of their first victory.

I'm not sure if we would be your most local group, but the midlands part of the club meets on the first Tuesday of each month at the Toby inn near the NEC on the A45. We're doing the classic car show in a couple of weeks too, so that may be a good opportunity to meet som club members and see some cars.

Cheers

Darren

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Dave,
Welcome to the fold. I have had a GTD for quite a while now so if you need info just shout out. When you get time off from playing with your toys post some more info and pics.
Cheers
Mike

Cheers guys, just back from another 100 mile blat today

Yep Darren, have indeed just joined. Good friends with Jason Lycett on here, so blame him for getting me into GT40's ;)

Car came with 2 nostrils, one being full length to the floor. Ran the car yesterday with full length nostril and interior didn't get too warm. Ran the car today with standard nostril and boy did I suffer with heat soak from the front. Back to the other nostril as the difference is quite substantial !

Need to get aircon sorted for summer time.

Dave

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
At the risk of looking dumber than a box of rocks (which is usually the norm for me anyway), WHAT th' gallopin' clang IS that grey beast!!!?

Talk about NASTY looking!!! 'Never seen one before!

Don't worry Larry, it definitely splits opinion. Its a KTM XBOW. KTM X-Bow Review | Autocar

Carbon fibre monocoque and panels, 900 kgs , this one runs around 300 bhp, supposed to pull 1.5g on the corners on road tyre. Have a bit of weakness for these types of cars, having also owned an Ariel Atom, Lotus 2-11 and a couple of caterhams. The wife thinks I'm mad ;)

image_zpshacejjz6.jpeg

More solid build, better on brakes and in the corners. Atom accelerates harder due to being some 300+ kgs lighter. Was always hard getting heat into front tyres as so light. Never liked rear view of Atom. Reminded me of a shopping trolley. Great car though.

However for out and out fun for your money, I love the caterhams.

If money was no object I would have a BAC Mono tomorrow.

Back to the GTD, had the drivers seat out this morning and runners now removed to give me a little more headroom :). Might need to look at some helicopter vents to get a bit more fresh air in the cabin

Been a great 48 hrs and appreciate the impact this car has on the public , when they see it on the road. All positive so far

Last edited:
Back