Looking for info / recollections of AMGT40/2

Hello All,
Reason for joining the GT40 community is that I am currently writing a book about the JA Pearce Engineering company and John Pearce. I re-launched the company in 2012 and we have started manufacturing JAP Magna wheels again in some sizes. The book is part-biography but also a review of the Formula 1 exploits in 1966/7, the links to various cars that JP owned, raced and traded and links to other people and companies with whom JP was associated. There will also be features on cars that were fitted with Magna wheels.
John Pearce owned the second Alan Mann GT40 for a period after Juncadella finished with it and before it went to the Midlands Motor Museum.
There is a well-known black & white picture of the car at Santa Pod with Magna wheels promotional stickers on it.
Ronnie Spain contacted me recently and told me that it was this car that prompted his life-long interest in the marque.
If anyone has any pictures, anecdotes or recollections about that car (particularly during JP's ownership) or any of the other GT40s with which JP was associated, then I would be very grateful to hear of them.
Thanks in anticipation.
Roger Butt

Back