Mostly here for the SLC...

Hey guys!

I'm in Louisville, KY and hoping to build a Superlite SLC or an Ultima Evolution one of these days, but currently don't have the funds. I am also considering building to order for a couple of people to make the cash to build my own, but that may just be out on the horizon right now.

The performance and design of these cars just blow me away, and the fact that I could put my own blood, sweat, and tears (and love of course) into their construction is even more alluring. I'm sure you guys can relate to that!

Previously, I built a tube frame offroad buggy (the type generally designed for an aircooled VW engine), beefed up to be much stronger and also with custom modifications to bolt up to a 3.4l Chevy V6 and run 38" tires in the rear. Not exactly a kit car, but certainly a distant relative!

I'm also a die-hard car junky, but mostly just modern cars. If I had the money, I'd have one heck of a garage full, and even more trouble choosing what to drive every day (cars are for driving, not for being garage queens)!

Good luck with everyone's builds, as I'll be creeping around watching them. Please post plenty of pictures! I hope to have my own build thread one day.

Back