My DRB KIT

G'day GT40 enthusiast's,

Just registered here, should have done it when I first started my build back in 2009, anyway I was put onto this bloke named Chris Hatfield by another 40 nut and I am extremely impressed with the response from Chris when I requested some info on some parts, looking forward to exchanging ideas and contacts for spares from you fellas.

Quick background on me is------at the ripe old age of 13 I saw this beast on a AMACO petrol commercial back in 1969........yes it was a black and white TV, kept getting told off at school for not paying attention by drawing the side profile of the weapon in class.

Paul

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the collective of GT40 loons Paul!

I was also in trouble with my teachers as I was drawing the GT40 and others...

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
You're welcome !
Happy to help out where possible
Tell us more about the car chassis # motor, trans , paint, trim etc etc
(I was responsible for most of the machined parts that went into DRBs )
Cheers

Hi Paul

I have DRB#46
It has been on the road since 2009, it was a pleasure to build and now a pleasure to drive. Chris supplied some parts for me, they were perfect as was his service.
Enjoy your journey.

Pablo
Great to see you here finally. Paul does great work, awesome metal fab skills and a great Bloke....Get a build thread started and show these Guys your work.

Thanks Randy, I read a lot of forums before ordering my kit.......however I should have joined the group back then because all you guys have been there and have many lessons learned to share.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chris (Flatchat......like that one!) mate, I'm at work until the 15-Dec, I will get my head around this site when I have more time at home to upload some pics, at the moment I am running with the 302 Windsor, Audi 016 5 speed and home made rear suspension utilizing commodore hubs, as mentioned in one of my emails to you I now want to make some changes, It was Dave from Albany who put me onto you (hell of a guy) will revert back later.

Talk soon,
Paul

Dave me ole mate, thanks to you bud for directing me here and thank you for the punt, if it wasn't for you and Julian though I would not be where I am now, your experience (after building several GT40's and the Daytona plus others!) is just amazing and once your commitment is what drives me!

See you soon, we have lots to discuss?

Paul....Pablo.......what ever!

Hey Darrell,

I have actually had the car on the road (hot wired and half complete) and very happy with the way it drove, but now I am thinking of making some changes, and I am now in contact with Chris and like very much what I see on his site!

It is indeed a "special" journey and I love my "baby"........wife is a bit jealous though???

Thanks,

Paul

Back