GT40s en France

Hi all

I've recently moved to France and am hoping to bring my GTD40 over in the next couple of months and would like to contact any fellow enthusiasts living in this beautiful part of the world. It would be great to share experiences and possibly meet up for un verre du vin!

Cheers

David

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
David, forum member stephentonks moved to France with his DAX a few years ago. If you search on that name you will find his posts.
Dave Bilyk

Hi David,

I don't know where you're going to live in France but from my side I'm living in Toulouse (South West of France where there are plenty of perfect roads for the GT40...).

3 others friends of mine who own GT40 live not far from me.

We'll be present at Le Mans Classic in July. Maybe we could meet there.

I organize per year 6 or 7 trips (2 or 3 or 4 or 5 days) in France or in Spain so if you are interested .... send me a PM or an email.

OliveR

Hi David,

Welcome in France ! Depends where you settle now, the country could be large, I' m living on South East coast and there are some nice GT40 buddies here, with very nice cars.

Looking forward to meeting you, for an "apéritif" sooner or later !

Hi and thank you all for your replies. Didn't realise there were so many GT40s in France! I shall be living in the Charente about half an hour south of Angouleme. I am travelling back to the UK at the moment and will make contact on my return. Looking forward to meeting up later in the year.......hopefully Le Mans.

Kind regards
David

Hello David
Dave Bilyk was quite right when he said I'd moved over to France. We managed to do it in 2010. I am based near Le Mans, and have the great honour of being a Marshall at the circuit. Your car will receive a great welcome, as mine has. I'm afraid you are about 4 hours away from me. We went to Angoleme in January for the comic strip festival. Had a fantastic time. Managed to contact the guy who organizes the circuit des ramparts. Hopefully I shall be marshaling there in September. Maybe we can meet up then.

Regards and welcome to France
Stephen

Back