Paul from Midlands UK

Hi all

Just introducing myself. I've been interested in having a GT40 for many years. Starting to think seriously about buying one already built.

Most pressing question. I am 5ft 11 in tall. Can I fit in one? I last tried a KVA 25 years ago.....

Cheers

Paul

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Paul,
You should fit OK in GTDs and later especially with a Gurney bubble. Southern GT do a lowered floor tray. Also using a thinner seat base will give more headroom. I am 5 foot 10 and fit in my GTD with a helmet.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Paul

Where in the Midlands are you? The Midlands club members are pretty active, and between us we have quite a few cars on the road, some in-build, and a fair chunk of experience putting the cars together (and taking them apart again, then putting them back together, etc etc.!)

Cheers

Darren

No way!
I'm in Sharnford and 2 other members of our club are in Stoney Stanton; Dick Townsend has a GT40 and a mustang, and Mike Kelly has an Ultima and a Cobra.
Unfortunately, neither Dick or I are particularly tall so our cars aren't set up for tall drivers, but we have some really tall drivers in the club. If you want to have a closer look at a 40, pm me your number and we'll sort something out.
Cheers
Darren

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Paul
I and 6'3" and get into mine which is a DAX
Anything is possible with the right modifications and adjustments

Chris Edwards was 6'5" and modified his KVA and moved pedals forward so he could drive comfortably

Ian

So there's hope then!

I just remember trying to get into a KVA for sale at a Manchester garage when I was circa 17 and my knee being wedged against the dash...Dad had a Dax Cobra at the time and I was trying to initiate a change to a GT..put me off after that and now I'm 42.....

Darren I will pm you thank you. It'd be good to have a chat and a look around a Tornado too :)

I'm having an aluminium cobra built currently but would really like both since the opportunity to do that is coming and may not be there for too long.

Cheers

Paul

Back