Another new Oregon member

After watching this site in stealth mode for six years, I thought I would jump in after seeing the previous thread about a new Oregon member.

I have wanted a "GT40" for at least thirty years - ever since my father brought a GTD brochure back from the UK in the late 80's.

Two weeks ago I ordered a "turn key minus" RCR40. The plan is to finish it similar to the Ford France car, chassis 1007.

It will have a Keith Craft 302 based 342 cu in engine mated to a ZF.

Thanks specifically to the guys that I have been PM'ing, phoning, and visiting these last few months for your time to answer my many questions: Chris Kouba, Vaughn, Tim Dutton, Chuck (of Chuck and Ryan fame), Dean Lampe, and Fran Hall.

I expect that I will have many more questions as I plan and execute the drivetrain install.

After stalking this site for years, I look forward to interacting as my car progresses.

Alan

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations, Alan. I've heard a lot of good things about Fran and his crew over the years, so I'm sure you'll have a good experience.

Congratulations Alan,
Look forward to build info as you progress. When you finish there will be at least 3 40's in the Portland area. Chris and I do drives with Cascade Cobras and you're welcome to join us.
Dave Miller

Back