Hello from Czech republic

This will be less of a introduction and more of a thank-you note. Yesterday, a half-year long chapter of my life came to an end when an art studio I work in finally released the 1966 GT Mark II visuals. It was a pleasure to recreate the cars (P/1015, P/1016, P/1046, P/1047 and XGT-1) in 3D and even though I fell in love with the car in the process, there's no way in hell I'll ever be getting any of GT40's offspring (in the end, the studio barely breaks even - it's a thing of passion, not money-making, so instead of producing loads of 'that's okay, nobody will notice ' stuff, there's a lot of time spent to get every possible little detail right).

So long, and thanks for all the valuable info I found here :)

sounds like a cool project. Can you post a link or something so we can see the results of your efforts?

Scavenged another one from facebook, it's a kind of a four-step process pic which is just an eye-candy - everyone understands what blueprints are used for so they're there although they're wrong on so many levels and the 3D model was in fact 3D matched with a walkaround video of the car and no blueprints were harmed in the process of modelling the bodywork. On the other hand, good luck presenting a point cloud; this saves a hard time explaining that. So, yeah, here it is :lipsrsealed:

13417700_982423731857027_5829425288157876586_n.jpg

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Feels nice to be able to put my bragging rights to good use :pleased:

By the way, if you'd like to influence what we'd work on next, you can vote for another car you'd like to see us take on - there's a poll on the pages. Ford GT40 is still there, gotta put a checkmark or something next to it. Just be warned that it might take close to a year until first pictures of the next car there start appearing... you know, the curse of perfectionism at work.

Back