Hi, new UK member

Greetings from Shropshire, UK.

After many years of on and off "lurking", I'm very happy to say I have placed an order for a new Superformance GT40 Mk2, based on p1046. I had originally intended to attempt a build, and last year I built a Caterham Seven (which I absolutely love) as a "warm up", but with a young family came to the conclusion that another (longer) build might not be tactically astute at this time of my life!

Anyway, roll on next year. If you'll excuse, "I'm more excited than a dog with two cocks...":drunk:

Cheers

Chris

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
That is a big step you have taken into the world of GT40 ownership.

Congratulations on joining the madness

Ian

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the world of GT40s. I am sure you will be happy with your Superformance. I visited the factory in Port Elizabeth a few years ago and met Jimmy and Justin. As you are in Shropshire you are not far from our meetings of the NW group of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. We meet up at the Bells of Peover on the first Wednesday of every month from about 7.30pm onwards.
The Bells of Peover :: Restaurant in Knutsford, Cheshire :: Home

We are currently at the Manchester Classic Car Show at Event City in the Trafford Centre. We have 4 cars on the stand today and tomorrow.
You are most welcome to join us whenever you can.
Cheers
Mike

Thanks Ian and Mike

Mike, unfortunately I had plans today, but I will definitely come up to Knutsford for the meet at some point - probably in the spring when hopefully the delivery will be a bit closer! I will look into joining the club in the meantime.

Chris

Back