New Member in Texas

Hi all,

I've been a longtime lurker here after seeing Dave (RX-Heaven) post his over on the RX-7 forums years ago. I finally decided to make an account after getting a bit more serious about letting my current project (20b FD) go to make space/time for an SLC. Having thumbed through quite a few threads, it seems that more than a few of the users here are or were rotary owners at some point.

I really did love building the 20b. It pushed me to learn to fabricate my own parts rather than relying on kits or builders. To support the build, I learned to TIG by watching videos on youtube, learned to run my lathe/mill by watching free MIT machine shop videos, and learned EFI while building the Megasquirt3. It also taught me a tough lesson that a simpler 2 rotor single turbo build may have offered more enjoyment (and uptime) than a pile of very pretty 3 rotor parts. I'm hoping that this experience serves me well, as I've never built a kit before.

In the end, the thought of doing an SLC is exciting. I've wanted to do a mid engine project for a long time, and I think an SLC might offer the right balance of everything.

Last edited:
Back