Member since 2008 and my first post

I like to introduce myself: My name is Paul van Doorne, i live in The Netherlands, and although since 2008 member never posted a message. How strange is that... being the proud owner of P/1088. Hope to actively participate in near future. Greetings Paul

Malcolm

Supporter
Had a sit in your car in 2004 when Top Gear (pre Clarkson, Hammond and May era) did a piece on it with a number of GTD40s in attendance. Filmed at a test venue local to me known as Longcross, now a film studio location. I wonder if the video is still about? It was about 8 minutes long. I think your car was assembled by Brian Wingfield.

Hi Paul, a few pictures of P1088 when the car was brought into a driveable condition in my workshop, previously the car was used as a museum / show car by the Willment family. Following its development we tested the car twice at Goodwood before your purchase. Frank

Attachments

• IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 239
Hello Paul- welcome. I think my GT40 colleagues would like to see some recent photographs please. Thanks Frank, I knew you would have had dealings with another original car. Best Regards.. Andrew

Thank guys for your reaction, i will post some recent pictures coming days., greets Paul,

By the way does anybody know the owners of the sister cars 1089 and 1087?
thx

Paul

Blimey, I shot that footage (and the report) for CNBC Europe in about 1996-7 time. If it is the same car it was the first of three assembled from the the "spare" tubs left over from GT40 production and stored by John Wilment. Shot at the Chobham test track, I got to drive this car and Ford's Mk3 road car. Sadly the report and the rest of the footage has been lost in the mists of time.
We had a chap called Paul (I think) who worked for Brian Wingfield bring the car down to us.
Long time ago!
Simon

Blimey, I shot that footage (and the report) for CNBC Europe in about 1996-7 time. If it is the same car it was the first of three assembled from the the "spare" tubs left over from GT40 production and stored by John Wilment. Shot at the Chobham test track, I got to drive this car and Ford's Mk3 road car. Sadly the report and the rest of the footage has been lost in the mists of time.
We had a chap called Paul (I think) who worked for Brian Wingfield bring the car down to us.
Long time ago!
Simon[/QUOTE

Simon, great to see that you are still watching over us.

It is probably Paul Flemming that you refer to. Still going strong and still the ZF Guru.

Back