Hello from Santa Cruz, California

Hello all,

I'm still not making enough money to build a GT40 yet, so I've been building a replica (well sort of. . . Ive taken some liberties) of a 1965 Lotus 38 (won the Indy 500) powered by a Ford 302. I figure if it doesn't work I'll have a lot of parts I can transfer over to a GT40 kit :)

Though I've just registered, I've been reading the forum here for the past 6 months and have found A LOT of answers to the questions I've had putting a 302 together with a transaxle. So thanks all!

-Ben

Attachments

• NoseAndSuspensionWork.jpg
    NoseAndSuspensionWork.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 217
Cool project Ben. I assume you're speaking of the car on the left, not the orange car on the right in the pic.

I've thought about doing something similar in the past - almost bought an ex-80's indy car a couple years back with a mind to replace the V8 with a 302. It didn't happen unfortunately for a variety of reasons.

I think you'll find the folks on this forum are a wealth of information and encouragement for a project like yours. Post pics as you go forward.

Again, welcome.

HA! A friend of mine keeps suggesting I put the 302 in the orange car. I have to remind him that I don't fit in the orange car, and my 3 year old, who does fit, crashes a lot. :)

Back