Hello everyone!

Hello,
I'm new here. I come to find this site is very informative in wonderful world of GT40!! My plans are to build from scratch after I finish building Jaguar C-type. As it took me a year to find info to build a c-type, so to build a gt40 this is going take some planning. To start, who here can tell who show building a tub step by step. This would help me understand how a tub is built.

Thank You All and Have The Best Day Ever
Joey Allen

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Joey...
Feel free to use the search function and the Build Logs area for the information you're looking for..

Welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of info, knowledge & awe inspiring talent here. Most frames are space frame (tube) then skinned. It's the most economical & easiest way to build these kinds of cars. Since the original GT40 chassis was a myriad of steel stampings it would be nearly impossible to duplicate in a home work shop (Nothing's impossible though). A space frame is more "user friendly" for a recreation.

Welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of info, knowledge & awe inspiring talent here. Most frames are space frame (tube) then skinned. It's the most economical & easiest way to build these kinds of cars. Since the original GT40 chassis was a myriad of steel stampings it would be nearly impossible to duplicate in a home work shop (Nothing's impossible though). A space frame is more "user friendly" for a recreation.
Mike,
Thank You,
My shop has been a race car fab shop. I have cnc, benders, pullmax, power hammers, press brake, shear, mills, lathe and etc.
For the GT40 will be a Monocoque Chassis

Back