Hateful 8, a hard won '40 for an FNG

Callaghan

Lifetime Supporter
Hello Forty Forum Folks. I am, at last, picking up my car! It's been a fulfilling, long learning process. One of the things I learned (of the uncountable lessons) is that this is a car you must earn. At least in my case. But, by all accounts it has made it a real adventure I never saw coming. So very worth it. Absolutely without question. At first I wondered why there aren't thousand on the road being as awesome as they are. Now I know. The word "replica" or even "continuation" somehow dilutes the truth of the thing. This is my perspective, take, experience. Getting involved in this thing was like a crucible of car ownership. I feel I've graduated to the next level. Feels good. Apologies if I muck up terms, FNG status in effect.

For the sake of Sunday coffee I'll keep it short:
SPF GT40MK2(P2341), LH drive, Shelby Windsor427, Inglese 8 stack FI, Fast ECU, Quaife trans, Olthoff shift linkage upgrade, Gurney bubble, I did not install the spoiler for the clean look but will later, probably Olthoff canards too.
Vinyl front & rear to replicate Alan Mann Racing #7 though with a twist, and I went with #8 (I borrowed Guy Martins font), just because.

There is a ton I'd do differently but this was all new to me so the knowledge was hard won and well learned.
I'm happy with it. Look forward to finding other '40 guys down the road.
Now I drive!
Cheers (or "go like hell" ) :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_2751 copy.jpg
    IMG_2751 copy.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2725 copy.jpg
    IMG_2725 copy.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_2741 copy.jpg
    IMG_2741 copy.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_2791 copy.jpg
    IMG_2791 copy.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 482
That is a stunner! Love the paint scheme and the tip of the hat to one of my favorite characters of motor-sport....Guy Martin!

Enjoy her and safe travels.

Callaghan

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks to all for the warm welcome and compliments. I'm looking forward to running into fellow owners (socially:laugh4:) down the road.

Fantastic car - looks absolutely stunning. Congratulations. You're going to have a lot of fun with her!

What is FNG? ___________ Newbie Gearhead?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Generally means Friggen New Guy but I like your version better...

Welcome Callaghan...

Are you literally living in San Francisco, or just in the general vicinity?

I had my Pantera in San Francisco for the first couple of weeks that I owned it back in 1989 and it was a bit of a nightmare. I can only imagine what life would be like there with a GT40 30 years later. I live in the suburbs now.

Will you be attending the Nor-Cal Shelby Club track days that are coming up soon? NorCal SAAC for all the info. Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

Callaghan

Lifetime Supporter
Are you literally living in San Francisco, or just in the general vicinity?

I had my Pantera in San Francisco for the first couple of weeks that I owned it back in 1989 and it was a bit of a nightmare. I can only imagine what life would be like there with a GT40 30 years later. I live in the suburbs now.

Will you be attending the Nor-Cal Shelby Club track days that are coming up soon? NorCal SAAC for all the info. Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

Haha yes I have thought long and hard about the realities of SF. I installed a lift for the front of the car to try to mitigate as much as I can the inevitable scrape. As far as garaging I have a perfect situation in an impossible place. I have access to Garage that will work perfectly. Otherwise I honestly would have second thoughts of owning such a car.

As far as attending meets, I've posted a not so good update in the build log section.

BTW Pantera has been on my must have list forever. Still is. Someday.
Cheers,
Callaghan

Back