Kit Car Builder & Forum Sponsor Checking In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

My name is Tino and I'm excited to be here! It almost reads like an AA
meeting intro, doesn't it? :drunk:

I was born into the kit car world about 6.5 years ago when stumbling
upon a second hand GTM Gen. 1 build in the Toronto area.

At the time it had been my goal to restore a classic car (1st Gen Camaro)
but my friend showed me a photo of the GTM and I had to have it.
Quirks and headaches aside, it's coming along slowly.

My geeky side began developing an LCD system to replace the mechanical
gauges to resemble more of supercar interior. After posting some of my
progress on forums, the messages started pouring in...

One thing led to another and now I'm producing LCD Gauge Systems.
A forum member suggested that I check out GT40.com and here I am!

The Superlite designs are spectacular. As a matter of fact, my eyes
were set on the SL-C before purchasing my current kit. One day, I may
have to try my hand at the SL-C!

That's it for now, talk to you soon,
Tino

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

startup.gif

Last edited:
Welcome, Tino. I've been following the progress of your display system since the beginning on the GTM forums, and hope you build a version that works in the smaller confines of the SLC dash.

The feature set is pretty robust, and the ability to customize the screen is cool!

Thanks Will,

If you (or anyone else) can provide the cluster dimensions, I'm sure that a
solution can be made available.

The current screen sizes are:
- 10.1 (8.5 x 5.32)
- 9 inch (8.3 x 4.9)
- 7 inch (6.89 x 3.9)

I'm currently working on getting quotes for widescreen 16:4 aspect ratio
displays that measures about 9" x 3.5" and 11" x 5".

Thanks! I've added some pictures now that I'm over 10 posts.

More to come soon as I'm developing some new options for door poppers, and seat warmer controls.

Welcome Tino! How thick is your display? And. How water resistant are they some of are cars are less than water resistant. Rod

Rod,

The main dash screens are about 0.450" thick and the console screen is 0.600" with the
video connector clearance considered.

They are not very water resistant from what I can tell.

Heath_screen1.jpg

Dash_screen_sample1.jpg

9%20inch%20screen.png

10-1_outline_LCD.jpg

I'm also checking with suppliers to get a screen with an enclosure. They are
much more expensive, but they don't require the user to make custom bezels.

Here's a rough idea for the dash of the SLC I started a while back.

Attachments

• SLC Dash Layout.jpg
    SLC Dash Layout.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 371
Cool stuff. I'd love to work with you, or any of the members to get an idea of needs/wants for a system.

Once I get enough details, I can put together a promo and video to share with everyone.

I received my first "completed" install of digital dash system (LCDi-100). It's like a proud daddy moment seeing this as many
customers are still in their build stage. This certainly highlights the need to get my GTM completed for proper demo purposes!

attachment.php

attachment.php

We're also working on a retro design for a 1965 Lincoln project. This will be one of the screen layouts for "normal cruise".
Notice the dual tach bars on each side of the speedometer needle.

attachment.php

Great stuff!

What about adding a screen, and make 1 system for hvac control and maybe some additional info related to the engine or circuit you are driving on.

And with possibility to connect your phone for hands free driving, and to play music. I know that not many wish to have a sound system, BUT, once in a while it’s also really cool to cruise with some cool music

Ramon,

I already have a dual screen system with those features available.

The hands-free phone (Bluetooth), music player is a great idea. It could be done, but I would have to likely hire someone to develop the code.

This is an old video, but it gives you an idea of the dual screen setup:

Great stuff!

What about adding a screen, and make 1 system for hvac control and maybe some additional info related to the engine or circuit you are driving on.

And with possibility to connect your phone for hands free driving, and to play music. I know that not many wish to have a sound system, BUT, once in a while it’s also really cool to cruise with some cool music

Last edited:
Ramon,

I already have a dual screen system with those features available.

The hands-free phone (Bluetooth), music player is a great idea. It could be done, but I would have to likely hire someone to develop the code.

This is an old video, but it gives you an idea of the dual screen setup:

Tino, That's all great stuff! Is there a possibility to implement my design? Or implement a logo or name in it so it's personalised?

Tino, That's all great stuff! Is there a possibility to implement my design? Or implement a logo or name in it so it's personalised?

Yes Ramon, custom graphics are not a problem.

If you're interested, send me what you have in mind and I can mock it up for a demo.

A big jump ahead is coming for the LCDi-200 series systems! I was able to find a company that builds Double-DIN computers with touchscreens.

This new hardware will replace the remote processor and LCD touchscreen. It has a much better CPU (i3 vs Celeron) and much more
processing power to handle additional applications.

These are the actual units being built as "we type"...

The new hardware will address many requests that I've been receiving for GPS software and a radio/media player. Installation and
mounting will be easier as the standard Double-DIN will fit more vehicles without the need for custom brackets to secure an LCD screen.
It goes without saying, the overall appearance and trim of the front will look immaculate!

These changes are going to push the quality and functionality over the top to exceed any LCD system currently on the market (that I'm aware of).

New pricing and options will be made available soon, but here's a quick list of new items:
- AccuAir eLevel Suspension/Airbag controller
- GPS software
- Radio/Media Player
- Vintage Air Climate Control
- Power Windows and Door Popper
- Electronic Touchscreen Engine Start/Stop
- Backup Camera

I'll be receiving the units within the next couple of weeks for testing and then a proper video and unveiling will be posted.

Thank you for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back