T70 barn find ?

Is it still possible to find a relatively unmolested T70 in a barn that has not seen the light of day in over 25 years ?
Your opinions please !

I doubt that I did, but it is possible that I did. It could be a Delorean, or a Bricklin, or maybe a GT40, but it sounds like a T70 to me. Dreaming, yes, but it can't hurt to imagine the possibilities. I'm going to look at it next week !

It has a radio and ac....an
obvious attempt at street use.Probably what killed it.
I'm just asking if anyone believes that it is still possible
to find one in a chicken coop.You know, daydream material.
Are you saying that a real t70 would not be in a chicken coop, or are you saying that all T70s are known not to be in a chicken coop ? Yes, it could be a Delorean, but humor me, this is as close as I may ever get !

The where abouts of all Lola T70's are known. While anything is possible, a real Ferrari 250 GTO worth millions sat outside in a field for years, but people knew where it was. IMO it is VERY unlikey that a real Lola T-70 is sitting in a chicken coop. In front of a grain elevator yes,in a chicken coupe no.

Attachments

• 58007-IMG_0188(2).JPG
    58007-IMG_0188(2).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,985
I agree that it is VERY unlikely ! (no sarcasm intended, just echoing your opinion in agreeance).
I'm going to go look at it anyway. I'm always up for an adventure !

I have to , for the sake of arguing, say that I do not believe that the whereabouts of all real T70's are known.I believe that some of the previous owners are known. Of course, I sometimes believe I'm Mario Andretti, so take it all with a grain of salt.

I would think all the T70 3B's are accounted for, but not sure all the MK3GT's are.
I am going with "yes" I reckon there is an unmolested T70 out there somewhere, but I reckon its chassis number will already be in use!

I drove 1000 miles Saturday !
It appears to be a Mk II spyder or a Mk III coupe, but most probably a spyder converted to a coupe.
I have purchased and moved the chassis home.
It is almost completely dis-assembled(down to the chassis with the front suspension still attached, brakes still work, bodywork, engine, gearbox with serial number,all sort of apart, but appears to have most everything with it, not so much in boxes, as just scattered around.I have been putting things in boxes and baggies, not sure if they are Lola parts or tractor parts...!It has a history file, that I'll share when it is closer to being verified.It has a serial number !One more load in a week or so and I can start putting it back together. Guys, this was a really neat experience.

I can take pictures ! I have to set up a photo thing on a page I guess, as I don't see a way to "browse" for a picture to post.
By the way, I'm not saying it is time for the big Hi Fives .
Not quite yet. Just that it is not a Delorean, and I got it home safe and sound.

The Chicken coop... (this is a test)
javascript:parent.Ui.Dispatcher.routeEvent('id1', 'idScrollableLayout16', '_drawIFrameContent')

Back