Lola T70 V8 Coupes - A Technical Appraisal

I found this book on a second hand stall at Shelsley Walsh and thought I would draw it to your attention. At the time of writing there are a couple on Amazon (second hand and not cheap).

Anyway set me thinking has anyone thought of doing (done?) a T70 with the Aston V8 engine in it? Reputably the Aston V8 is pretty tough and there must be a few about from old V8’s. Ditch the Webers or Lucas injection and run it throttle bodies – would be awesome and quite a classy change from Chevy Power!!

Attachments

• Lola T70 V8 Coupes - Cover2.jpg
    Lola T70 V8 Coupes - Cover2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 912
Yes, I have been considering it. The rear clip is different and very neat, with a glassed ofer engine bay and different oil cooler air intakes. I have also been pushing Lola to do an Aston v-12 engined modern supercar. I'm not sure what I would do if they agreed.

I have been looking at the idea of an Aston Powerplant, but despite rough DBS V8 cars going for 8- 10k the engines still hold good money. Best I have been offered is one requiring a recon for 4K, I looked into getting it overhauled and the parts cost is painful to say the least, runners seem to command 6k plus, but are normally high mileage. Race versions of the engine are 10k plus!

It seem to take a lot for an Aston to be stripped! and parts sold off.

It would be a nice option. I would leave the carbs on though, just for the retro look, and the constant fettling.

Cheers

Back