Lapping Lemans in a Lola T70

Awsome..........

All weekend on the RCR stand I kept pondering on whether I should flog my Coupe Body and go for a Spider, but the coupe just looks the nuts at full tilt. Just what I needed :D

Frans still trying to persuade me to ditch the Gullwing Doors for the later type, whats he like?

Cheers

512M Ferrari - the sounds that come from a 12 cylinder, heaven! .....
I wonder if anyone in the office will mind if I play that this in a continuous loop all day ....

What? You have your EZ listening music and so do I <huff, stomp, stomp>

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Superb. Anybody know how the camera was so steady despite the vibration?
I suspect it might have a gyro stabilised mounting unless its one of these trick cameras.

I have tried for a few days to down load this and I keep getting a window saying error.
Can anyone email it to me.
IT JUST NOT FAIR.

Jim

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Jim, I just started to download it for you - BUT its 24MB !! Email is not going to cope with that.

You must have some sort of ISP / Firewall issue - it runs ok under my Windows Media Player.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Thanks very much, Johan. It's very difficult to find Lola T70 footage on the net (or anywhere else). I'm still waiting for 'The Racing Scene' to be released on DVD.

Jim, do you have a DVD drive in your computer? Just let me know and I'll burn you a copy and post it across to you.

I have a tremendous amout of in-car T70 footage, but it is on tapes and
not well done. I need someone to tell me how to organize onto some other format for sharing on you tube or something. I did just get a new harddrive camera system, that will get us some video to watch for next year. From last year, I have John Paul Jr. driving a T70 around Sebring, and in-car T70 footage from the Can Am reunion races at Road America and Watkins Glen.
I am happy that you like to see it.

this thread id driving me nuts beacuse I keep trying to download iy onto my Apple, and the video always stops just afer the yellow open top sports car sneaks underneath in the right hand corner. IS there another way to download this so it doesn't hang up on me?

Thanks,

Tom

When things like this happen to me, I go next door and use a friends computor. You have a Gardner Douglass T70...How do you like it and do you have any pictures of it ?

Johan, to get your video tapes onto computer you need a fire-wire port or a video card that accepts analog capture. Easy to do if you (or your neighbour) has the hardware. Otherwise, a video editing company could put it straigt onto DVD for uploading.

Things should be a lot easier with the harddrive camera. I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing) your cars run.

well I finally broke down and watched the video on my work computer. Only drawbacks are the sound system stinks, and I couldn' turn up the volume. That said, the video was great!

Regarding the Gardner Douglas T70, so far so good. Truth be said I don't spend as much time with it as I would like, but I'm chipping away at it. I'm at the stage of getting the motor/trans dropped in, and have to fabricate a shifter to fit between the front seats. But overall I'm very impressed with the quality of the chassis and parts supplied. The tube frame chassis is very well triangulated, and the suspension is very modern and well thought-out geometry. If anybody wants pictures of the rolling chassis I can post them up some place I guess (any guidance where/how?)

Tom

Back