T70 Spyder Restoration

Does anyone have any pics of the T70 MkII Spyder door hinges they could please email me.

Ron Earp

Admin
There are a couple of members here with original Lolas that will probably chime in. The Hertiage forum is a good place to look too, I go there a lot, but doesn't have too much activity. I wonder if they are all the same? I bet the hinges are different from car to car.

Ron

Hold a child's toy block between your thumb and forefinger and swivel it back and forth. Now stick pins through your fingers into the wood to replicate bolts. That is about it.

Thanks Johan. Good description.

We devised a spring loaded device, as there is no other way to get the pins into the cavity above the fore finger or thumb.

The panels we have I know are genuine. Just missing the hinges.

I'II try the heritage web site again, but previously found the no one helped, I am assuming because I am building a replica.

Maybe if I mention the couple of genuine Lola F5000's we have may make a difference. But the that would be too cinical wouldn't it.

Ron Earp

Admin
I was wondering if that was for John, but I thought Jerry was building that car for John? There were some pics on the Lola forum of the build, but they are pretty old.

Best,
Ron

hi guys, do set me straight re hinge system, ive sorted a way but am ready to learn another. ta steve

hi guys i will post some pictues of the original hinges from my car along with the door mounting on the side panels when i get a chance to dig them out ,(next few days hopefully) they are very very simple just a pin welded to a plate which bolts inside the door after skinning your knuckles!!

Back