44.2 KB · Views: 910
Kanonloppet (Canon race) race in 1968
Ulf Norinder ,T70 GT
In Swedish clours chased by David Piper´s P4 Ferrari

Attachments

• Kopia av SAVE1659.JPG
    Kopia av SAVE1659.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 837
Man, that first picture is awesome ! the others are nice as well, but I have never seen the first car shown. Looks good with the gold wheels (how many cars can we say that aboout?).

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Johan,

You'd know - ever run any of the Lolas with or without the canards? Can you tell any difference in front end handling? I'm wondering at what speed it becomes a noticable effect.

Ron

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Johan said:
Looks good with the gold wheels (how many cars can we say that aboout?).

I can certainly think of one:

image01.jpg

But that'd take us WAY off topic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Johan said:
Man, that first picture is awesome ! the others are nice as well, but I have never seen the first car shown. Looks good with the gold wheels (how many cars can we say that aboout?).

Thanks Johan,
Just trying to help out..
Driver Nigel Hulme from 1987 supersports series.
Got some more...
Cheers!

Got a nice side shot of a magazine centerfold as well..

Attachments

• Kopia av Image0355.jpg
    Kopia av Image0355.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 791
  • Kopia av Image0366.jpg
    Kopia av Image0366.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 769
Here's a pic of Nigels car just before we shipped it out to South Africa last December.
attachment.php

Its been a while since it was blue, but it did look nice (nicer?).
That engine pic above is Esmund Smith's New continuation car, at the Le Mans classic last year. To say it was fresh out the factory would be an understatement.

Darren

Attachments

• dscf0725small.jpg
    dscf0725small.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,114
Gregg said:
Darren, any way to get those paint codes?

I'll see what I can do.Not sure if they are standard colours or something we mixed until it looked "Right". The story goes that he (Nigel) was looking at a bowl of fruit and thought how well the colours looked together, so the car got painted Purple and Orange. I think he won 3 out of the 4 races in last week David Piper Series in ZA. Only lost the 4th 'cause of a blow-out after hitting something on the track.

Darren

Anybody got any more photo's of this car in these colours?

Before I even decided on what body shape to use, I wanted my car to be red with a silver/grey stripe and I now see one was like that in period. Driven by JS no less, who happens to be my childhood driver hero.

I realize this is not a period photo.

Cheers

Fred W B

600.jpg

Last edited:

Keith

gt40fran said:
Damn...
Lolas really are great looking cars.....my favourite without a doubt.rockonsmile

Some do say that this is what the GT40 would have evolved into if Broadley had been allowed to continue on the team.....

Keith

Fred W B said:
Driven by JS no less, who happens to be my childhood driver hero.

You mean my old boss John Surtees? He sure was a great T70 pedaller for sure!! rockonsmile

Just kidding....

;)

Ron Earp said:
Hey Johan,

You'd know - ever run any of the Lolas with or without the canards? Can you tell any difference in front end handling? I'm wondering at what speed it becomes a noticable effect.

Ron
Hi Ron,
The canards help out at most tracks with 4th or 5th gear corners and there is no real downside to them except a few cuts on the ankles and a slight increase in drag.
They work in concert with other modifications that you will need to do to your spyder.
You need to vent the front fenders in some way to let air out of them. Air pressure builds up at higher speeds and it has to be vented out. look at the car above and you will see how those fenders were vented but there are several other ways to do it. You will develop understeer or a float at high speeds otherwise. Turn 9 at road atlanta is a good example of where a difference is critical. Without canards and vents, the car will drift out to the wall instead of sticking without lifting. This is at 7000 rpm in fifth gear whatever that is.
The canards not only provide a little downforce, but also help to keep air out of the wheel wells.

Attachments

• PHOR-6Q3VQ8.jpg
    PHOR-6Q3VQ8.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 628
Last edited by a moderator:
Back